Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"With regards to the Newbie bit in my signature, I have to admit to not remembering how to change it. Any tips?" - Carol Leather

Just edit your profile... See attached pic...

"I know what you mean, but it remains editable this way. It's only to go into a half a dozen hotel lobby areas for a customer, so no print shop involved, I colour laser printed it onto A3 and guillotined it" - Daniel

I guess that will work. Just another way you can "skin the Cat" with xara. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	15976  
    John/DOT

Thanks John,

Hopefully I'm now sorted with a new status http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Carol Leather

Daniel and John Ross:

Daniel, thanks for the further explanation. I use this method (indirectly) when I do full bleed designs which utilize the "feathering" technique. After finalizing my layout I do a Select-All, and scale everything up a bit so the unwanted feathered edges fall outside the printable area ... I just make sure my font sizes are a tad bit smaller than needed prior to up-scaling.

John R,
    I use your technique all the time (with a slight twist), especially when I send art work to a colleague in another office who is a less experienced Xara user. One of the last things I do is create a layer called "Printing Rectangle" or "Exporting Rectangle". On it I place a rectangle (similar to the one you have shown above) with no fill and no line color. I then turn off the editabilty of all layers except the one with the rectangle. I leave instructions off the printable page for the user to, "do a SELECT ALL and then print or export".

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Carol,

You are most welcome.
    John/DOT