Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Perhaps this is why Peter P does not list his e-mail address.

All I can add to the rest of the observations is this: if Peter can use Xara 1/100 as well as Steve, then I'll eat my hat.

I guess I don't have to worry about doing that anytime soon.

Peter P - It is best to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them correct.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Are you using the XaraX registry hack for creating .bak files for your drawings?

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Well Mr. Newport:

Looks like you've properly corrected. : )

At least with the forum's multiple spellcheckes turned on you'll get plenty of experience for those dastardly college entrance examines coming up.

Too bad you can't use Xara for spell checking.

John

I've often thought about a spell-checker in XaraX. Although I usually don't use text in my images, it would be mighty nice for those times I do!

Thanks for all the help guys...
    especially you Peter, you make me very gratefull for the good friends I already have! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Have a good day

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I was wondering if there is a time when XaraX DOES crash. I thought there was someone who had a similar crash and was able to locate the file somewhere on the hard drive, in the WINDOWS folder. It was like it was backed up, but not as a distinguishable (boy did I botch the spelling on one) .xar file.

I run Win2000, I think this person runs/ran Windows98, so the folder layouts are a bit different. Any help here on this one?? I AM most definitely in the habit of saving about every 5 to 10 minutes.

Autosave in the next release of XaraX would be a nice addition.

Now, boys and girls, no flaming me for my bad spelling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Actually, I think it's spelled right though! We'll leve it to Peter (That's kinda catchy "Leave it to Peter"!)

But yes, that's were I found it, under windows in the "temp" folder. But make sure to check soon after it was lossed so windows doesn't clear it out

Also, you could just do a search and type in the "name".bak or just plain "*.bak"

C-ya

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Sean Sedwards has a nice little script that automatically annotes your registry so that Xara will automatically make a *.bak of your open Xara file.

Hi Steve,

I'm very happy you were able to get a non-corrupted file. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff,

In Windows 2000 you would look in the WiNNTTemp folder for a .bak file. This tip will only work if you have saved the original file at least once before a crash.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update