Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I haven't posted for a quite a while, probably because, I'm doing mostly everything that I need to get done in Xara.

But I am wondering what the new features are going to be and when the next version will be available. I guess you could call this a "wish list" for new features.

1. I would like to be able to export PDF's from Xara. Right now, I have to do this using Freehand in conjunction with exported files from Xara.

2. I would like to export animations from Xara, as both Flash and AVI. Gif animations are great, but I'm using them less and less.

I don't know if those first two suggestions merit separating the Xara into 2 programs, but I certainly don't want Xara to get too "bloated."

3. I would like to be able to use Xara 3d to export Flash SWF files. I would also like it to import 3d models from other programs and manipulate them for Flash or AVI export.

So, I guess this question is directed to Kate Moir. What can we expect to see from Xara in the future? What is coming soon from Xara as far as new features is concerned? Also to all the other members of this forum, what would you like to see?

Sheff
    sheff@pixelcolada.com
    www.pixelcolada.com
    Sheff
    My Site

I haven't posted for a quite a while, probably because, I'm doing mostly everything that I need to get done in Xara.

But I am wondering what the new features are going to be and when the next version will be available. I guess you could call this a "wish list" for new features.

1. I would like to be able to export PDF's from Xara. Right now, I have to do this using Freehand in conjunction with exported files from Xara.

2. I would like to export animations from Xara, as both Flash and AVI. Gif animations are great, but I'm using them less and less.

I don't know if those first two suggestions merit separating the Xara into 2 programs, but I certainly don't want Xara to get too "bloated."

3. I would like to be able to use Xara 3d to export Flash SWF files. I would also like it to import 3d models from other programs and manipulate them for Flash or AVI export.

So, I guess this question is directed to Kate Moir. What can we expect to see from Xara in the future? What is coming soon from Xara as far as new features is concerned? Also to all the other members of this forum, what would you like to see?

Sheff
    sheff@pixelcolada.com
    www.pixelcolada.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Animation export to flash is a great idea!! There are many softs using swf format why not to export to swf it doesnt have to be extra complicated... It could be very useful to make smaller noniteractive animations.

Roman

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Most important point for me for any future versions (or even more preferably a patch to Xara X) ist the old being able to save all settings thing.

Like:

* Settings for fill and outline
    * Settings of default font / size and font for pasted text as well
    * Setting of 'Printer Colors' (yes/no)
    * Setting for Blend-steps
    * Settings of Bevels and shadows, or even better saveable profiles.
    ... and many more

I can live with anything else if I have to, but being not able to keep those settings is the most annoying thing about Xara-X !!!

Wolfgang

Here are several I'd be interested in:

1. Some programs have a pack and go feature. I'd like a feature that would allow me to archive my files and fonts together so that I wouldn't have to go looking for them down the road when I reopen a XAR file to find the font no longer exists on my system.

2. Drawing tabs: AutoCAD2000, Frontpage2002 and Excel all have something along this line. It makes switching from one drawing to another effortless because the tabs are always right there. And to go along with the tab idea...

3. The ever popular request for multiple pages in a single Xara file.

4. Without infringing on some other program's interface, some means of reducing dialog boxes without having to close them all the time. Real estate space for drawing always seems to be at a premium.

rrrRoll-up the rim to win... (You probably have to be Canuck, and know Tim Horton to understand what I mean, eh?)

And I would love to see a closer tie to Flash for sure.

Food for thought...
    Phil
    --
    Phillip

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Phil - you wrote "rrrRoll-up the rim to win... (You probably have to be Canuck, and know Tim Horton to understand what I mean, eh?)". In the last appearance of the popular rrrRoll-up-the-rim campaign I didn't even win a free cup! I wondered if Timmy's new American masters lowered the odds??

Here's a link for my fellow Canucks: check this out!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross-Like you... I got lots of chances to "try again". Lower the odds? Do you think they'd do that?
    I checked out the site you mentioned but I prefer to remain a more traditional laid back Canuck.
    It does make you wonder where Hitler would be today if he had a website, doesn't it? (Scarey to think about it)
    --
    Phil
    --
    Phillip