Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Another one that's really fun from Corel Draw is when you use the Blend tool is that when you are through with your blend you can, at any time, grabe the front object and move it and the blend follows to the new position. I think that's just great stuff there!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Richard,

I think we can do that now, if not before. I think the new blend movie shows how to do that. or am I mistaken?

We can not rotate multiple points, but we can move them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2upload.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1109  
    John/DOT

Uhhhh, John?? Where is this screen shot from?? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yep! Richard, just hold down the Control key, select whichever end of the blend you want to move, and relocate it. The blend recalculates instantly to the new position.

How you move it depends on the tool you are using. If you still have the Blend tool selected, holding the control key and clicking will select that object and you can move it with the arrow keys. If you go to the Selector tool(F2) you can use the arrow keys or just drag it with the mouse. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I would also like two more additions to Xara.

1. A progress bar to indicate complex calculations. For example, do a couple of Blends, set them to 50 steps or so, JOIN the shapes. then try to feather the edges. MY machine seems to take a nap for a little while before showing the results. This would only help with heavy duty processing, but it would be nice to know that the machine is working, and not crashing.

2. I would like something to indicate how many points are selected. There already is the indicator for the number of objects, but again, it doesn't work on groups of points.

Being able to move all guidelines (or: all objects on the guide layer) at once. This would often save me a lot of time. Maybe something like selecting all guide objects by Ctrl+A (when guides layer is the selected layer) and then moving them with the arrow keys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Moir:
    Can I ask for more clarification on the suggested feature from Daniel; ‘double click on a group to edit’. What exactly would this do or edit? Do you mean ungroup or just ‘select the object inside the group’?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was actually thinking of the way Flash works - if you double-click on a group then everything outside that group greys out and you can edit just the contents of the group - until you double-click outside. Of course, because of the way Flash works (which is... different!) you tend to have lots of nested groups, so its pretty essential.

Perhaps a key+click shortcut to "select" the layer containing the selected object & lock the other layers would be be better for a less group-centric app like Xara?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allison Moore:
    > dump MDI

If you mean duplicating the workspace and the toolbars for each open document, Please Don't. That's a big waste of real estate for those of us who don't use multiple monitors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I kinda forgot that you could "float" the toolbars - but as long as you have the MDI workspace window there I've never felt the need. The problem is if you are working on two Xara documents side-by-side you have to drag the MDI "workspace" window to cover both monitors (and then new files open up to the full width of the window, which isn't usually what you want).

But if you dump the MDI in favour of independent document windows you need some sort of container "palette" to keep your tools in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Being able to move all guidelines (or: all objects on the guide layer) at once. This would often save me a lot of time. Maybe something like selecting all guide objects by Ctrl+A (when guides layer is the selected layer) and then moving them with the arrow keys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Timo. You can do this already. Are you having problems here?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Timo. You can do this already. Are you having problems here?
    Egg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How? Of course it's possible to move guidelines, but I want to move them all _at once_? How is it done?