Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Text: Re accentuated characters & Font searching. Just add the OPTION of Xara3D's Text options window.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

SWF Export: Fix the missing faces problems in Xara3D (Off Topic I know but I'm sure it's still under development)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

A True Vector Bevel: Would it be possible to duplicate Xara3D's bevel option so we can create vector bevels as well as bitmap bevels? Xara3D does this nicely, if in a limited manner via swf, but this is just great file size wise.
    Egg

That's my Christmas list sorted for this year. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Egg

Stratocast:
    Hi. Although the locked layer issue does not bother me a great deal (anymore). I totally agree with you that functionality should follow what the user would LOGICALLY ANTICIPATE. Put my Yes Vote down for doing as you suggest.

Egg:
    I like the check-marks very much. I just wish a person could use standard windows Shift and Ctrl selection techniques in the check-mark columns.

"clicking on an object highlights the object AND the layer it's on". Doesn't the layer name appear in Xara's task bar for the selected object?

I'd like to see a much larger work area, Xara 3D text options and lighting. A gradient mesh tool and a .pdf export.

John
    Maybe I didn't explain myself very clearly or maybe I assume too much familarity with Flash. In Flash to select a layers visible or editable shape, it's just a very simple matter of holding down the left mouse button and running down the list to turn the arrows on/off as opposed to XaraX's method of selecting each box individually and the ticking/unticking it.
    On the 2nd point you're correct but it would be more intuitive if the layer of the selected object was highlighted in the layers gallery itself instead of just the task bar.
    Re the locked layer state in XaraX, at least this warns you that it can't be done, or can't be seen, whereas Flash just does nothing and issues no warning.
    Egg
    Egg

Egg,

Thanks for the further explanation. I'll have to find someone with Flash to demo this for me.

If a layer were to be highlighted when an object is selected, how would the active layer be indicated?

Richard, maybe this could illustrate to what I was referring.
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/images/...sformTools.jpg
    Two rectangles were combined into one object, leaving a hole in the center. Selecting the points in the center and using the scale tool allows one to scale the size of the hole, from any point or from the center. The same goes for the Rotate tool, working just like the tools in Xara that can affect the entire object, with a movable center of rotation.

Does that make more sense?

Hey that's really cool Dan, I want a tool that does that too!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---