Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

(1) Pasting to locked layers.
    The fact that XaraX allows me to paste to a locked layer, drives me mad. As it stands now, when I make the 'mistake', I have to unlock the layer, delete the paste, re-lock the layer, highlight the layer I want the paste to go to and re-paste. This makes absolutely no sense to me. If you have a lot of layers on a complicated drawing, it's so easy to have the wrong layer highlighted. It should not matter which layer you happen to have highlighted at the time, locked is locked, right. A simple popup saying "This layer's locked, dummy!" would save a lot of extra steps and reduce the profanity factor. I would dearly like to see this changed.

(2) Pasting text.
    I noticed today, that although I had the page/template set up for the Arial font, when I pasted some text from a text processor, I got ##!@&** Times New Roman. I thought I'd seen the last of that font.
    -- Bob

This is all great stuff guys. It does get noticed and suggestions do get added to the ‘great wish list’ from which new features and priorities are picked.

Can I ask for more clarification on the suggested feature from Daniel; ‘double click on a group to edit’. What exactly would this do or edit? Do you mean ungroup or just ‘select the object inside the group’?

We’ve certainly considered the black arrow / white arrow approach selecting objects inside groups as implemented by a number of different applications. While this approach is more complex for new users, it does have some merits for advanced users I can see.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Rework The layers gallery to add nestable folders. Would make complex drawings oh so much simpler.
    John/DOT

A huge ditto to stratocast's not letting me add objects to locked layers. I must have done that at least three times a day for the last ten years, and it was definitely a factor in the breakup of my marriage.

John

WOW!! Sorry to hear that John! All over XaraX?? Well she was not a patient gal, now was she!?! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

RAMWolff,

we had a design agency on a very 'select' and quiet business park, the volume and range of my profanities, when software misbehaved, did make me infamous in the local area, which truly was a factor... I'm not really blamimg Xara though, of course.

John

The shadow tool, I wish I could carry the attribute to another object, so it would carry the same shadow settings as the original one.

A Scale and a Rotate tool that would affect selected points or entire objects, with a movable point of origin. Please! Pretty please.... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Dan,

I think you can already partially do this in Xara X1.

Select your objec, double click on it for rotate selection and then the point of origin is in the center. You can then move it out so that the object can be rotated AROUND it's point of origin instead of rotating it in it's CENTER of origin.

I'm not at all sure what you could be referring to with wanting to rotate a selected point (node ? )? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Stratocastn and others,

FYI You DON'T have to go through all the steps you listed when accidentally pasting to a locked layer.

Just press CTRL+Z (undo). I have gotten so used to how this works I like the way Xara allows you to paste to a locked layer.