Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Very nice “scribble” Ross and Michelangelo is one of my heroes!

The church drawing looks like many of the drawings I have seen when I was a boy
    pouring over the old “Book of Knowledge” encyclopedia set my parents got for me.

Bob C.

I am absolutely not good on scribbles and didn't think at it with Xara until I had fun with spiro-engraving technique.
    Try to do your scribbles in Illustrator, you will have bad surprises...

Ross, did you try with flat transparent lines?

Kindly yours,

ivan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ivan - Some of the lines in the xara sketch have transparency. I found being able, in effect, to have different tones of pens handy. After the fact, I've now tried editing the transparencies of all the lines - I wasn't happy with the results I was getting.

I also played unsuccessfully - seeing if I could get an engraving look. I tried changing all the lines to a brush without much benifit realized. I really would like to have a technique that looks like engraving. I thought the engraving-type brushes you (Ivan) offer at xaraxone.com are great. They make the appropriate border now all we need is a way to forge the rest of the banknotes!

Soquili - I've read and reread my ranting post about "gifts". I hope I didn't come across as too cranky! I do appreciate the compliments and words of encouragement. I would be even happier if my posts inspired others to try sketching. As I've tried to express, the technique is remarkably easy, flexible, and satisfying. It is also a rather unique style for computer generated graphics and yet it is so conceptually simple. The best part is: No highly developed skills or abilities are required. I firmly believe anyone can scribble!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on March 21, 2001 at 05:19 PM.]

Hi Ross,

Your scribbles are inspiring! It has been many years (about three decades) since I've used pencil and paper to scribble. Now, after seeing your scribbles I plan to take them up again. It will take a lot of practice, but it will be worth the time.

Rant?? I don't recall any rant. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hope to see more scribbles.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Can't keep up with you Ross. I am still admiring these scatches and you come up with a new version. Great work! .

Ross,
    What a superb explosion of your hidden talents!!!
    now wer'e all sick with envy.
    One entry found for superb.

Entry Word: superb
    Function: adjective
    Text: 1
    Synonyms GRAND 3, elevated, exalted, lofty, sublime
    Related Word noble; majestic
    Synonyms SPLENDID 2, glorious, gorgeous, magnificent, proud, resplendent, splendiferous, splendorous, sublime
    Related Word imposing, stately; opulent
    3 consummately impressive and supremely excellent of its kind <the writer's style is brilliant and his command of words and imagery, superb>
    Synonyms magnificent, outstanding, standout, superexcellent, superlative; SUPREME
    Related Word glorious, gorgeous, marvelous, resplendent; crashing, rousing, sensational, slambang, super, superfine, wonderful; best, optimal, optimum, prime; sublime
    Idioms very best

say no more!!!
    scouse eric

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Eric - those adjectives are over the top. The xara sketch is very much derived from Michelangelo's pastel sketch and, although I like mine, the image's character really comes from the Michelangelo masterpiece.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>