Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara1 upgrade

Hi folks
    What a nice surprose this morning when I opened my emails to find that there is an upgrade for Xara. I have purchased it and downloaded the trial version, but have not installed it yet.
    Do I have to un-install the old Xara first? I notice the the file is an '.exe' file and not a zip. Will this self install in the correct directory, or should I place the file manually in the Xara directory?
    Sorry for all these silly questions but I am not so technically minded when it comes to my computer.
    Thanks. J

Hi folks
    What a nice surprose this morning when I opened my emails to find that there is an upgrade for Xara. I have purchased it and downloaded the trial version, but have not installed it yet.
    Do I have to un-install the old Xara first? I notice the the file is an '.exe' file and not a zip. Will this self install in the correct directory, or should I place the file manually in the Xara directory?
    Sorry for all these silly questions but I am not so technically minded when it comes to my computer.
    Thanks. J

Wyccaad

It seems to run quite happily in parallel...

and

the install puts it in your existing Xara folders - in a new XaraX1 folder.

Just go for it...
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I dowloaded the trial the first day, bought it the second day and have been running it since then and XaraX is still installed. Running Win 2K on a dual 866mhz.

Art

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Wyccaad,

Been running Xara X and X1 for long time no problems. x to x1 just fine, x1 to x one little popup, that just says X can't play with the new tools in X1. Does not keep it from operating tho.
    John/DOT

thanks everyone, I'll install it tonite.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Just for information ... as stated here the new version just installs in a new folder under the original Xara folder. I installed, upgraded and used the new version for a few hours and then uninstalled the old version. All I did was move my "Projects" folder from the old version to the new one ... and ... the uninstall went perfect. Xara-X1 runs perfectly.

the wiz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wyccaad:
    Hi folks
    Thanks. J <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>