Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just finished an image and when I go to try to export it into a .gif form I get the following error message:

"Serious error from Xara X"

Access violation exception at offset 0x020192F1

My only option at that point is to click the "quit" button on the error message and shut down Xara X. Has anyone else experienced this...and if so, what the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

I just finished an image and when I go to try to export it into a .gif form I get the following error message:

"Serious error from Xara X"

Access violation exception at offset 0x020192F1

My only option at that point is to click the "quit" button on the error message and shut down Xara X. Has anyone else experienced this...and if so, what the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

Nevermind...

Solved my own problem!

Carry on.

if you are exporting a sliced image that contains both GIF and JPEG elelments.

Is this what happened to you?

And if not, care to share the learning experience with us? :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Maybe I didn't "fix" anything afterall...

I'm not running into any gif/jpeg slicing issues. I *thought* I was having a problem since some of my "top" images were running outside the background image border. I shrank them down a little so everything fit inside, and I was able to export.

Well today...I'm running into the same problem with the same image. I went back to modify my image, which I successfully exported on friday, and after making some changes, I'm getting the same error problem. I don't "see" where any sizing problems exist, so I guess I'm back to square one.

Frankly, I'm not sure if having images on top be larger (borderwise) than the large, square background layer is even an issue???

Well, I increased the size of the background image so that no "top" images could possibly overextend the background borders as a test, and that seemed to solve the issue. I still haven't found the image that must've originally overextended the border, but whatever...it works now.

One other thing that puzzles me is that I've never run into this issue before. It could be that this is the first time I've ever encountered this size/overlap issue, if in fact it's even an issue at all. Since I got my first error message today, Xara has been acting rather strangely. I now keep getting a "server busy" "retry" popup.

I dunno...maybe it's time for a frickin' beer!

In the above test, where I increased the dimensions of the background rectangle, I had to increase its size pretty substantially before Xara let me go ahead and export to .gif.

If anyone knows what's *really* the issue here, I'd love to hear about it!

Ummmmmmm, personally I have never had a problem with an access violation for having my image go beyond the borders.

In "borders", do you mean the workspace, as in the Page Size Paper Layout??? If that's what you are refering too, I have never heard of that happening. Brushes and the Bitmap Tracer when set to trace too tightny have crashed my program in the past. But not that one!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Hope you are saving as you go along, it's the best insurance you can give yourself in these kinds of instances. I experienced that once, twice and the third time I learned my lesson. I think it's called a rude awakening, esp. when hours of work is GONE!! Cripes, just thinking about it makes my blood pressure go up!! :ekk:

Save, save, save!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

It really does not matter if the image spills outside the borders. Xara will just automatically create a rectangle that encloses all the images.

D-Rock

One thing you might try is this: place a rectangle the size of your image on top and set the fill and outline to none. With this invisible rectangle selected (and nothing else) export your image with the transparent option disabled. Everything within the borders of the invisible rectangle will be included, anything outside will be cropped out.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Gentlemen...

I appreciate your time and input. I will incorporate your advice and hopefully I won't run into this issue in the future!

Thanks again.