Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2D challenge

Using brushes of course.

Christine

[This message was edited by Christine Farrelly on March 14, 2002 at 03:38.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rosettes.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	7499  
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

it wasn't me...

Great art everybody!

Risto you rule!

Dale, your second post is really well thought out!!

PS: I never liked postmodernism.. ;-)

Name:	pla.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	18120  

Love your brush designs Christine!!! That poor little single-color one, so sad, wants to be multicolored too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Roman--Your sunny flower makes me smile!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I love the colors, and design objects going beyond the frame!!!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

but here is my attempt, I opted to go for repetition and work the same figure with depth and color...at least I can say I tried...

-Chris [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What beauty you created with just a few simple shapes and those colors and transparencies!!! I think of flowers when I look at it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Well I tried.

Brian.

Name:	Puzzle_final2.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	9878  

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Chris, your image makes me think of a clock, because of the center spot, I expect the shapes to start rotating around the center.

Brian, when I look at yours, I think of several things; a stringed instrument, a washboard, a motorcycle engine (!), but mostly for me it evokes a sense of music. I like it a lot.

Christine and GroWeb - I had never expected kaleidoscopic-type designs, but I guess I should have expected anything, and the designs are beautiful. These were done with brushes???????????? Egad! I have a lot to learn.

DMagician, yours is so cleverly done! Very sunny and uplifting.

And Randy, yours is excellent, with great color combinations and a strong sense of light.

I've got another idea for a challenge. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Wonder if I should mention it............??????
    (NOT with photos)

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Everyone showed such imagination and creativity.

It has been such fun looking at all of them.

Go ahead Dale, what's your next idea? This one was teriffic!

Jack

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've got another idea for a challenge.
    Wonder if I should mention it............?????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, wait until we've finished with this one. I perceive no decrease in momentum here yet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

My astroXartographic image was not done with brushes like Christine's. I used two quickshapes: a triangle (at the top left corner of my image), and a hendecagonal (shape of the Canadian one-dollar coin, the "loonie") star, with rounded corners and other adjustments (at the bottom right corner of my image). Quickshapes are one of Xara's unique sources of limitless fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for your positive feedback.
    Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

... I think this thread is great fun!

It has been marvelous seeing all the different takes on the subject.

Fantastic stuff!

If you haven't joined in yet... let's see it - please? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!