Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2D challenge

&nbsp
    I am also having a problem viewing your entire image. I see about 1/3 of it. (top 1/3) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I see you made it smaller. Cool! It's fine now.

I wanna see! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I have the next 2 challenges written up. When this one runs out of steam, I'll post the next one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (there are 3 challenges total)

By the way, my challenges are leading up to something................ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] &nbsp&nbsp [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dale

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on March 15, 2002 at 12:26.]

Comes Around... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swirls1.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	2775  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Humbly submitted

"I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"

Name:	2d-Art.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	1870  

You play the "artist" with skill!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I like it, looks like eyes looking at us--great mix of texture and colors too!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maybe ya'll can stand one more?

Name:	B-W_thing.gif 
Views:	359 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	9515  

&nbsp
    I will be posting my next challenge in a few days, and it will be a continuation of this 2D challenge, though it won't necessarily be strictly 2D.

This 2D thread still has legs, so feel free to post more 2D images. I know that if I come up with more, I will add them to this thread. It's a good place to deposit those fun 2D experiments.

I hope to have the next challenge posted by Monday evening. The idea behind the challenge is simple, yet will require some explanation and examples. My rough draft of the post is 2 1/2 screens long, so I need to simplify it before I post it! I may just put a link to my website, and used an HTML page to elaborate, so that I can keep the post simple.

I had intended to have three 2D challenges, but I think you are all ready for the big one, so I am going to skip the second one, and we can pick it up later.

The second 2D challenge was to be as Risto suggested, with more strictly defined parameters. What I had envisioned, was using only flat color, no transparency, no gradients, no feathering, no shadows, and no outlines. Using the most basic geometric shapes and variations of them. There were eight images in this thread that would generally fit these rules; Risto's, my own second offering (the blocky thing), Brians (I love that image), Maya's "What goes around", RamWolff's (mostly), Jack's optical image, and toograffic's second image.

We can do that challenge later, or someone could go ahead and start the thread anytime. Hint, hint, Risto. He who starts the thread makes the rules. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

To all of the contributors to this challenge: thanks for offering images to this thread. It was a smashing success because of your enthusiasm and willingness to stick your neck out and try it.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dale the laundryman

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Mr. Sarasota [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] The first one is really quite stunning. Keep up that right brained flow you got going [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

... it sounds like you are working on something big! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It will be interesting to see what you will come up with.

I think I could come up with something for the "number 2", if need be. But I think we'll wait for your post as you are already on it.

It will be fun!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

One last entry from me. This one is entitled "The Balanced Life".

Glen.

Name:	XaraOMG.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	3233  
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Glen, it looks like Xara has taken over your life!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Well, it's not so bad--you must not feel alone here at least! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I, myself, suffer from this affliction and must remind myself that there are more important things to do like laundry...wait just a minute, what am I saying?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    We know your pain! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---your Xara-suffering friend---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain