Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

My wife and I have been busy working on the design of a house we intend to build in 2003.
    The design has undergone much development and we're feeling pretty good about how it is going.

We are designing it in 3d using SketchUp. The attachment is the front entry area --- I haven't added in the door or windows yet! (there will be doors and windows [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). This output is from SketchUp. The program isn't intended to produce photorealistic results but rather look like the work of a good architectural delineator. The program is a wonderfully intuitive modeling environment. It is ideal for modeling things without a lot of curves. (Try the demo - be sure to see the 'movies' at the SketchUp site - they are as good as the Xara ones).

Regards, Ross

PS - the room on the left will be my home office and on the right is a screen porch. Above is a large elevated deck ideal for watching the river and the sunsets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	9805  

My wife and I have been busy working on the design of a house we intend to build in 2003.
    The design has undergone much development and we're feeling pretty good about how it is going.

We are designing it in 3d using SketchUp. The attachment is the front entry area --- I haven't added in the door or windows yet! (there will be doors and windows [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). This output is from SketchUp. The program isn't intended to produce photorealistic results but rather look like the work of a good architectural delineator. The program is a wonderfully intuitive modeling environment. It is ideal for modeling things without a lot of curves. (Try the demo - be sure to see the 'movies' at the SketchUp site - they are as good as the Xara ones).

Regards, Ross

PS - the room on the left will be my home office and on the right is a screen porch. Above is a large elevated deck ideal for watching the river and the sunsets.

the lower level of this 'work in progress'...

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	9835  

upper level plan...

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	18711  

Ooooh very nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love houses with lots of glass.....just call me a big fan of lots of natural light [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A river as well,sounds great.

Sketchup is getting very good write ups all over the place lately.

Stu.

This looks very nice Ross.... you all must be very excited... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanx for sharing

gidgit

Ross, you've got to have a fun life! You know, how cool would it be to be able to design everything you own: House (Interior/ext), Clothing, cars... just a customizeable life! The design looks great! I too hate artificial light and your design looks as though it will need very minimal. Hope everything runs smoothly with the project!

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Looks really good. I just have one question? When do I move in????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

for all the words of encouragement.

The lot is in a subdivision of oversize lots --- ie all the lots are 1.5 to 2 acres in size. Our lot has 390' of street frontage so we felt it was important to have the little house present as big a face as practical. Hence the design is wide and shallow. The fact that the view is primarily forward enters into that too. The view is that of a wide river with relatively little development on it.

It will be built in Prince Edward Island whch is Canada's smallest Province. You can find PEI pics here. I'd recommend looking at the 'wallpaper' series - the "Lupins" ones are particularly good. (Have fun exploring and I might just get a few visitors!).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	5914  

Update : The construction is underway! My family and I are very excited!

Regards, Ross