Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

... spend $20/hr.

Gary's tutorials and all the generous people here will have you up and running in no time at all!

///Update/// As in RAMWolff's post!

Welcome to Talkgraphics!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on January 02, 2003 at 23:40.]

#1- Suggestion:
    You've got your font on the screen? Good, take the zoom tool (mangifying glass on the left side tool bar) and zoom up to about 500%, now you can see everything much better. Now you can play with the colors and fills. For colors klick on the paint bucket, also on the left side tool panel and up on the far left hand side you will see a pull down menu with all sorts of options. Flat fill will give you one color, conical, eliptical circular etc...will fill the object with two colors (default "other" color is white, which you can change as well!!) and then there are 3 color fills and 4 color fills and fractal cloud and plazma fills for creating some pretty cool effects!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One of the easiest ways is to take your cursor and go down to the color palette on the bottom bar and left click, hold it down and drag it to the font. If you point it onto the line and then release it then the line will change color, if you point it onto the font white area then release it then the color will fill that area.

If it's a hollow font though I don't think you can force it to fill,

#2 Suggestion:
    you might want to select a non hollow font because, you guessed it, you can change the middle color from basic black to what ever your hearts desire as well as the line!! AND if you have a filled font then just go down to the far left bottom corner and you will see a box with lines through it, click on that and the font will become hollow, pretty neat, eh?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I tried the #1 suggestion but it doesn't work. It just won't fill-in the white area of an outline font.

And when I tried the #2 suggestion I couldn't get the little box in the lower lefthand corner to show the half-white & half-color. It showed a smaller colored box inside the bigger box, there was a white area around the colored box that had little black lines in it.

I've seen that box showing half white and half color before but I can't get it to come up now.

hummm............. back to the salt mines

Have a good week-end!

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Thanks Soquili for the info. It sure sounds like the tutorials are a good source of information. I better go check them out.

Have a good week-end and Happy 2003!

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Hi Christine,
    Ok, I only have to buy the tutorials if I want to have the CD. Ohhhhhh

I wonder if someone is writing a "Xara X for Dummies" book. I'd place an advance order for it. LOL

Here's a little question about the forum: how do I respond to a specific post in the middle of string of posts? Such as your message in the middle of all the other ones.

So far I've been clicking on the quotes option and just deleting everything out that I don't want. But I figure there has got to be an easier way. The FAQs didn't help.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Oh Lordy, That is gorgeous! WoW! I better start reading the tutorials because I don't understand any of:

"you need to clone the text and convert the clone text to Shape, ungroup it and delete the Parts you don’t need, with the rest from another Shapes, you can fill what you like with Xara fill effect."

It's just way above my head. But, now I have something to work toward.

Thank You and Happy New Year!

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Gosh,

Thanks soooo much for the example. Its great! I'm going to study it this week-end and try the different steps that you showed. Isn't it amazing what you can do with Xara X?!?!

It is fun, isn't it. I'm looking forward to doing the cool stuff intentionally not just accidentally. LOL
    Thanks again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Quotes are easy. Hilite the area you want to quote, then right click and choose copy, then go below this box and choose the 'Quote' button and then paste the text in between:

{QUOTE](text goes here)[/QUOTE}

In case you don't know how to download the file that I posted for you in the second post from me, right click and choose "Save Target As" and I think the default is the desktop and when it's through downloading (should only take a couple of seconds, then browse to your desktop and then double click the Quiltaholic.xar file and it will open up the file in the XaraX program and take a look and see what I did with it!! I think you may like it!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Have fun!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Risto,
    I've always known that squirrels are untrustworthy. LOL

The vote is unanimous in favor of Gary's tutorials and all the generous people here.

I appreciate your input.
    Blessings and Peace.

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Hi Richard,

I know how to copy & paste but how do I just respond to any message? Right now when I see a message I want to respond to I click on the double quotes right over the message, then I type my message and delele the parts I don't want.

Yep, no problem here with general Windows stuff like copying, saving, pasteing, etc. In fact, I copied the Quiltaholic that you made and pasted it into a Xara work area so that I can play with it.

Thanks for the tips.
    Blessings and Peace.

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

The first chapter of the on-line manual is here:

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/xealot16/index.htm

The last chapter is here:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/xealot31/

Read all the ones in between. These give you a really good place to start learning the tools and the interface.

+++Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila+++
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark