Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have to choose between two corses. here are the two descriptions

Corse One "Vector Graphics (using 'Flash')" Covers the operation of vector software and fundamental design

Corse Two "World Wide Web (using 'Dreamweaver')" Online corse for the design and production of sophisticated web pages

Ok, my goal right now is graphic design, and web page creation. Can any of you tell me which one of these corses would focus more on this? oh ya, and can someone explain to me what vectoring means?

sorry i know this isnt in the correct forum :/

I have to choose between two corses. here are the two descriptions

Corse One "Vector Graphics (using 'Flash')" Covers the operation of vector software and fundamental design

Corse Two "World Wide Web (using 'Dreamweaver')" Online corse for the design and production of sophisticated web pages

Ok, my goal right now is graphic design, and web page creation. Can any of you tell me which one of these corses would focus more on this? oh ya, and can someone explain to me what vectoring means?

sorry i know this isnt in the correct forum :/

If your overall aim is to design web sites then take the web design course, as I beleive that there are far more things that are 'learnable' (as in that they are technically fixed).

With the vector graphics, I beleive that it would be easier to pick up by just doing it. Of course, if you can, take a course on that too.

Of course, if your main intention is graphics design then my reccomendations would be the opposite.

Michael Ward
    http://www.exosoftwebdesign.co.uk (soon)
    http://www.leythers.co.uk
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk

Both courses will be helpful.

Xara can create SWF file format images which can be brought into Flash and used to create movies.

To understand the difference between bitmap and vector imagine this. If you have a sheet of graph paper and you need to create a circle by filling in the squares with solid colors only, this is like a bitmap. Most photographic images are bitmaps. And most images seen on the web are bitmaps (GIF, PNG and JPEG).

Now imagine creating the circle with a compass. This is more like a vector image which describes an object by its outline.

Bitmap images are made up of tiny squares called pixels. Pixels are a fixed size. If you make a bitmap image much larger, the pixels become more noticable.

A vector object, (Flash images are vector images as as Xara images) is defined by its outline and so you can make it very big or very small without any loss in quality.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

what would a corse on each most likely have me do?

Judging form your post I would recommend English.
    Course not corse.
    I recommend Dreamweaver or web page design as that also entails graphic realization to incorporate into the web pages.
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Judging form your post <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd speculate that Nicole is from a country who's native tongue isn't English. She is, however, TRYING. What's your excuse?

This is an international forum. Tolerance goes a long way... Mac.

BTW, the crowbar is for your foot planted firmly in your yap.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

both relate to creating content for the internet. The Dreamweaver one will be the more fundamental of the two - teaching what web pages are and how they are put together using Dreamweaver. In such a course you'll still be working with graphics but it is unlikely you'll be required to create your own custom graphics.

The Flash course will focus on using Flash software to create custom graphics and animating them. Cool stuff but hard without a background understanding of graphic design/creation.

The Flash course will be the more sexy course but I'd suggest the Dreamweaver one might be a better starting point.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

and for your information i have lived in the US (california) my whole life, (and last time i checked people are allowed to make mistakes, god forbid i make a spelling error. shoot me now and export me to a different country i must not be fit to live here)

Nicole,

I sincerely hope you realize I was trying to defend your "right" to make a mistake. It wasn't my intention to inflame or add to another person's ignorance... and by all means, stay in California. I'm still waiting for summer to arrive where I live. That's correct, I live on Mars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The Flash course will focus on using Flash software to create custom graphics and animating them. Cool stuff but hard without a background understanding of graphic design/creation. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well explained Ross.
    I'd like to add to the "Flash" direction by stating that some understanding of Javascript would be needed in order to get top jobs. I guess what I'm really saying is - the days of just "Flash Dazzling" the public alone - are gone. More functionality and usefulness is expected from Flash authoring today, particularly from commercial clients. Even a basic understanding of scripting would be a plus. Flash isn't just well,.. flash anymore.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Wayne