Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara Brushes

Sapphire Innovations are now selling Xara brushes...1600 according to the web site in 4 sets.

In a rash moment I have sent for the CD(s) (they are not downloadable). I will let you all know what I think of them.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Sapphire Innovations are now selling Xara brushes...1600 according to the web site in 4 sets.

In a rash moment I have sent for the CD(s) (they are not downloadable). I will let you all know what I think of them.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

how commerically sold brushes are like.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

It will be interesting to see if the collection's brushes are all original or did they lift ones from the brushes forum. I say this because many clipart collections involve stolen copyrighted images. I don't know anything about Sapphire Innovations, so I have no reason to believe they aren't reputable.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi folks...
    Sapphire Innovations is actually Andrew Buckle, one of the original Filter Factory Discussion Group guys, and quite a prolific producer of all kinds of graphic goodies. He's got some very nice plugins for Photoshop, and all kinds of other treats. I'd be very surprised if there were any copyright issues. I can't vouch for him personally, but he's highly regarded by some well-respected folks I CAN vouch for.

Regards,
    Sally Beacham
    www.lvsonline.com
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

when different people walk in the same garden, they may follow unconciously the same traject.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Yes Erik - no doubt when anyone creates 1600 brushes it is very likely that some will be similar to those created independently by others. Indeed it should be expected (and accepted). The tone of my post was a little suspicious because I have read many accounts of clipart collections being appropriated from their creators by people who know exactly what they are doing.

I wish Andrew Buckle success in his venture and I look forward to reading Christine's review.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

This image popped up in my mind before I read your remark. And you know why? Because I'm as suspicious as you. Remember how I reacted on poor Wolfgang's "com" site? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Eric,

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] don't stick your finger in it ...

Wolfgang

P.S.: You expected this, didn't you ??

Saphire has been aroud for a long time.

They provided some fills for Xara a few years ago and were selling a complete collection of fills.

But to be honest, I did not think there were any better than the free fills offered in the XaraXone.

It will be interesting to see if he has created the brushes for Xara or is recycling brushes made for another product. Most of his stuff is Adobe-related.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    oh stub me believer</a>