Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xash

This idea just popped into my mind (I have a lot of those) Has Xara co. considered making a program similar to Flash only with the powers of Xara? Can you imagine you much butt that program would kick. It would be the industry standard for sure. Or maybe, just making a feature like that in the next Xara so as not to get to complicated with too many programs. Websites could look soo amazing much easier.

If anyone from Xara co. could respond to this or at least give it consideration, I would be very gratefull

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

This idea just popped into my mind (I have a lot of those) Has Xara co. considered making a program similar to Flash only with the powers of Xara? Can you imagine you much butt that program would kick. It would be the industry standard for sure. Or maybe, just making a feature like that in the next Xara so as not to get to complicated with too many programs. Websites could look soo amazing much easier.

If anyone from Xara co. could respond to this or at least give it consideration, I would be very gratefull

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

unfortunately industry standards and quality are not linked. Nevertheless one very useful thing we can do is showing what Xara X can do, continuing to work toghether and keeping our enthousiasm intact. Sometimes that can help a lot (see the success story of LINUX which has become an industry standard without beeing a commercial product). But of course a better implementation of SWF in Xara could be a fantastic thing !

Kind regards,
    ivan

Keep your hope, re-invent the Rose.

Adobe Livemotion 2 is about to be released. If you're a seasoned Flash developers, and you look at the features, you'll probably start to salivate. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop Macromedia's authoring tool entirely and switch to Livemotion.

This is funny, because Livemotion 1 was quickly dubbed "Deadmotion," because it was such a lame tool.

Basically, the problem with Flash 5 is that its animation tools are horrible and its timeline is difficult to use, especially if you've ever worked in a non-linear editing program (i.e. Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects), but if you wanted to add Actionscript to your Flash movie, you pretty much HAD to use Macromedia's program.

But Livemotion 2 has FULL SUPPORT of Actionscript -- much better support than Flash 5. In fact, Livemotion itself is scriptable, which means 3rd Party tools will be able to extend the program!

And Livemotion uses the After Effects timeline engine, which is far superior to MM's.

To be fair, MM will soon release Flash 6, which sounds like it's going to have some great features -- but it still doesn't sound as good as Livemotion 2.

Product home page: http://www.adobe.com/products/livemotion/main.html

Comparison chart: http://www.adobe.com/products/livemotion/compete.html

Also, if you want to create SWF files WITHOUT Actionscript, but with some kickass animation, check out these applications:

http://www.toonboomstudio.com/main/home.ch2

and

http://www.lostmarble.com/moho.html (only $99)

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld

I have a review copy coming from Adobe. I'll give it a serious look.

Steve - Unlike Macromedia and Adobe, Xara has limited resources and I would not expect to see much movement in the Flash arena. Even if they did come up with a killer version, it would probably be written for Windows and would bypass most of the professional design community.

I do look for them to continue to develop the Xara Modules as the web seems to be more and more their method of delivery.

They also have tie ins with various companies for the modules.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Wow. I'm going to have to get a gig reviewing stuff.

Marcus Geduld
    Marcus Geduld