Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Gary, or someone... Need your expertise.

I needed to ask you abuot brushes. I am going through YOUR "Gary P" tutorial and I have installed some new brushes, but only about half of them work. For example, Gary's Brushes #2 - when I attempt to open this "Brush Set" I get an "Access Violation exception at offset 0x0003DDBC"

I'm also getting the same type of error when trying to use "BladePro" or Super Blade Pro"

Thanks, Doug K.

Gary, or someone... Need your expertise.

I needed to ask you abuot brushes. I am going through YOUR "Gary P" tutorial and I have installed some new brushes, but only about half of them work. For example, Gary's Brushes #2 - when I attempt to open this "Brush Set" I get an "Access Violation exception at offset 0x0003DDBC"

I'm also getting the same type of error when trying to use "BladePro" or Super Blade Pro"

Thanks, Doug K.

But I don't even bother with the brushes any more. I was QUITE upset when I found out that most of the brushes caused my set-up to crash, taking all my hard work with it.

I have since excused Xara Ltd for that bug because I would rather have the effects come from me. If I create a nice image that I want repeated allot, I clone the heck out of it and then place them where I want.

I'm sure Xara Ltd. is well aware that many of us can't use the brushes or add brushes or create brushes with out this exception error happening.

Bottom line, XaraX is worth the money many times over, with or without the brushes and I'm sure it will be fixed in the next release. Your not alone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Are many people having issues wiht Plugins like BladePro and SuperBladePro ? I get the same Access Violation.

Thanks all for the quick replys, this is nice.

Doug K.

Yes, if I remember correctly there have been some issues with some of the plugins as well. I know that all my plugins for BMP manipulation slow the loading time down considerably (originally from 3 seconds to sometimes close to a minute) and if I remember correctly there was ONE plugin that crashed the program when used. I can't remember which one, but it wasn't the ones you mentioned in your posts. It wasn't that big of a deal so it was just easier to let it go and find others that did similar processes than to complain. It was around the same time when the "brushes issue" was bothering me, so I didn't want everyone to think I was a complainer. So I found some freebee plugins that Ross M. (a moderator here) turned me on too. They are load intense, hence the slow loading of the program each time. but they are invaluable to me, so I just grit my teeth and bear the snail slow loading of the program.

I am hoping that Xara Ltd. will also have this plug-in crash issue fixed by next release as well. There are some buggy things here and there in XaraX (but you will find that in any program). My best advice to you is SAVE SAVE SAVE your files all the time. If you crash then all is not lost. There is a fabulous little program that was written by "standay", it's a really goody. It can be found HERE read through the posts, there is written advice how to set up XaraX to generate backups as you are working. It's great stuff.

Good luck and be patient, it's worth it!!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Doug

The biggest problem with complex brushes is small line width and too tight spacing. This puts a lot of drain on your computer's system resources which leads to instability which in turn leads to the dreaded access violations.

Try applying the brushes to a thicker line and see if you have any better luck.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone