Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

It occured to me, since we are listing the features and fixes we would most like to see in the new version of Xara X, that we should list the features we would like to see remain the same.
    I have worked as a programmer, and know how programmers can go crazy changing everything, whether it needs changing or not.

It is frustrating to upgrade, with the resulting need to learn a new interface, one that is not as handy or intuitive, and especially when features have been changed unneccesarily, or dropped.

1) I like the basic interface very much, and would not like to see any major changes in it. Please keep the ability to create your own toolbars! And don't be messing with the icons we have all become accustomed to. And don't drop any features!

2) I would not like to see a bunch of new tools. If greater functionality can be added to the present tools, fine. Xara is the best at providing tools that perform several operations without making these operations complex or unintuitive. Illustrator's multiple bezier tools drive me crazy!

3) After thinking about this awhile, I would not like to see more bitmap support, or bitmap brushes, etc. Keep Xara X primarily vector, and fast! (Wouldn't it be great if Xara Ltd. could construct a fast bitmap/paint program, like Photoshop, but lean and mean, and fully compatible with Xara X? I can dream.)

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I can't stand when programs I'm accustomed to change there look and handling, THEN you have to learn it ALL over again and the newness just sets you back. Plus, a 'prettier' makeup would just make everything slower. KEEP IT THE SAME!!!!!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Dale,

I agree. Keep it fast. That was the main reason I first purchased Xara. Now making an equally fast bitmap/paint program - that WOULD be a sweet dream.

Good feedback Dale. That's what makes dreams come true... so you never know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Yes, keep it fast, small, simple and don't clutter it with new tools. Every tool is within reach and that should stay like this.

I and a fellow illustrator here at work were commenting a few days ago (as we were watching my PC bog- down in PhotoPaint) how well Xara folks know how to handle pixels and display them beautifully on screen. It seemed to us that it would be very easy for them to make their own basic bitmap program and it wouldn't need to be too fancy either; hell most the time I all I want to do is print, resample, crop, do basic color adjustments, and maybe a little touchup with a clone tool. Combined with Xara's bevel algorythms and animation knowledge, it would be a handy little program.

We had no doubt that Xara Ltd. already has basics to do this and if they put them together it would result in a quick, intuitive, efficient, crystal clear display of a bitmap editing program.

Don't change the interface - some say it is clip-art looking but we know it and the customer buying our art work does not see the tool. It practical it's down to eary and it works.

Turan