Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have Windows2000 with Service Pack II applied, 524 RAM and a Pentium III/1Ghz system. So it couldn't be the RAM or processor. I agree, Windows 98 and Win98SE were bombs compared to Win2000.

I still hear to many complaints from folks about WinXP so I will stick with my Win2000 for the time being.

The Epson Scanner is noisy, software didn't load right and part of the software bundle was missing from the box. Back to my Agfa snapScan 1212u for the time being. Scanner is boxed back up and Gateway has been contacted about it. I want my money back. Had a client in today and she actaully loves her HP scanner ALLOT. So I'm not sure what the next step is. Maybe just hold off for the time being. Sigh..........

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

RAMWolff, I have a 5 yr old HP 4C at work and a 4 yr. old one at home. Not the higest resolution for print jobs, both have been very dependable. 9 times out of 10 I use the twain out of PSP for scanning. Works flawlessly.

Though I have seen my buddies Matrox in action, on his monitor it didn't look much if at all better than my own display with which I use a 16meg/128 bit ATI card.

No problems at all with my ATI, great color and games perform at good quality and speeds as well.

I have heard that Matrox cards are very good with the right monitors, and to this I have to wonder...who see's the difference? Those who have them of course, but for the higher majority of users out there who would view say some nice graphics done up with a matrox based system, wouldn't they be missing the end rewards by not having said card and the complimenting monitor?

[This message was edited by gidgit on February 18, 2002 at 03:40.]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:

I still hear to many complaints from folks about WinXP so I will stick with my Win2000 for the time being.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am using XP pro and XaraX, Xara3D, Office XP pro, Quicken, PSP v7, PowerDVD, and a few other titles, with an Nvidia Gforce 3 and ViewSonic 19" monitor @ 1152x864x32bit. Rock solid and no video problems.

Glenn
    Glenn

Running NT Sp6a on Gateway 550/256m, Hitachi 19" monitor with Oxygen VX1 32MB/OpenGL/1600x1200/75hz.

I don't recall crashes using brushes but the brushes do slow things down a lot, especially when lines exceed 100 or so.

The slowdown isn't as much as using a lot of named colros, however, which seems weird. Could be a classic NT stupid resource management problem.

[This message was edited by Paul Ferzoco on February 22, 2002 at 13:05.]