Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

FWIW...
    In the past when I submitted a CYMK Tiff file to a client I've used the Xara Plugin successfully but of course the image never looked right when I viewed afterwards in my viewing software (Thumbsplus). But low and behold I accidently opened it in Windows Imagining Preview software (a Kodak program that comes with Windows) and Kodak's software corrects the view back to RGB colour - interesting...

I don't know if this little bit of trivia would be of use to anyone but I thought I would pass it along.

Merry Christmas!
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

FWIW...
    In the past when I submitted a CYMK Tiff file to a client I've used the Xara Plugin successfully but of course the image never looked right when I viewed afterwards in my viewing software (Thumbsplus). But low and behold I accidently opened it in Windows Imagining Preview software (a Kodak program that comes with Windows) and Kodak's software corrects the view back to RGB colour - interesting...

I don't know if this little bit of trivia would be of use to anyone but I thought I would pass it along.

Merry Christmas!
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Which version of windows does the program come with Phillip? I have Thumbs Plus and have not been all that happy with it.

I am running Windows 98 because IMHO anything later than that is not really worth the trouble.

J

I'm using Windows 2000. There is no version number for the Imaging for Windows. It only says Kodak, copyright 1995-1999. I'm curious, what displeases you about ThumbsPlus?
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

wyccaad:

I'm running Windows 98 and do have "Imaging for Windows" software by Kodak but the URL listed under "Help" now seems to point to the URL listed below and it also says,.."No longer operate as Eastman software" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

http://www.eistream.com/eistream/Index.htm

Bob C.

Phillip

Did you try viewing your image in Xara with the View Printer Colors (Window > View Printer Colors) option?

This modifies the colors to approximate how they will look when the image is printed in CMYK and reflects the CMYK color space which is not as broad as RGB color space.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

http://www.gwpriester.com/flag.gif

Yes, I was directed to the "View Printer colors" before which is something I was unaware of in the past.

What I did was create a bitmap copy of my image, coverted it to a CYMK bitmap using the Xara plug-in and then viewed it in Windows Imaging and low and behold the Imaging software coverted and viewed those colours back in RGB colours so the image looked the same as when it did before making it a CYMK image. I just found it an interesting cycle, probably not very useful... but interesting.
    --
    Phillip