Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Burned to CD, labled and will be mailed tomorrow AM to Gary for his OK. Had a little help from Van Morrison and Single Malt. Its a good day.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

It reminds me of the old Fred Fish Collection for the Amiga.

People from all over the world made and posted programs for that machine and Mr. Fish went through the trouble of collecting them and putting on floppies first (1000 +) then a CD collection. They were and are very popular!

A quote found after a search on Google for "Amiga fish file":

"Fred Fish has started in the middle eighties to collect freely distributable software on floppy disks. There are 1000 disks and very much good stuff on it. Most Amiga dealers sell them and most magazines contain addresses of people mailing them to you for about 3$ per disk or less. Fred Fish has terminated offering software on floppy disks. Instead, there is a dealer who offers the new software from the CD-Roms on floppy disks."

I'm an old Amiga head and it seems its about to make a comeback. See http://www.amiga.com/

Bob C.

even though i guess there will be no chance to get this cd overseas, i think, its a great idea, and, if shipping and handling wouldn't be too complicated....
    yours
    Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Synder:
    even though i guess there will be no chance to get this cd overseas, i think, its a great idea, and, if shipping and handling wouldn't be too complicated....
    yours
    Tom<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I go to the Post Office today, I'll ask about overseas costs. I think a Freight Service like UPS or Fedex would be too pricey but I'll check them also. Currency exchange could get interesting. Something new to learn every day.

Ich bin ein New Yorker

[This message was edited by Grant E. Remington on February 25, 2002 at 07:01.]
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Grant and I are working out some details and I will post something here in the next week or so (don't be impatient, you have waited this long [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

And I would hope we could ship these anywhere.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone