Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please let me know which of these you like best.

These are simple HTML pages, each with one large graphic, created in Xara X, plus a few have a background gif. NOTE: each graphic is between 30-60k, so sorry for the larger ones.

I got the idea from Gary (indirectly) to create the entire page design in Xara, even the text and links. That way I can design the graphic look without immersing myself in code, and can write the code later to accomodate the client's wishes.

#6 is a screen shot of the first example I wrote in HTML.

What do you think of using Xara this way? I realize I need to give my client a disclaimer, and make sure they know that the text will not look quite the same as I've presented it.

I made these for screen resolution of 1024 X 768.

Here's the link: Standley Lake Examples

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Please let me know which of these you like best.

These are simple HTML pages, each with one large graphic, created in Xara X, plus a few have a background gif. NOTE: each graphic is between 30-60k, so sorry for the larger ones.

I got the idea from Gary (indirectly) to create the entire page design in Xara, even the text and links. That way I can design the graphic look without immersing myself in code, and can write the code later to accomodate the client's wishes.

#6 is a screen shot of the first example I wrote in HTML.

What do you think of using Xara this way? I realize I need to give my client a disclaimer, and make sure they know that the text will not look quite the same as I've presented it.

I made these for screen resolution of 1024 X 768.

Here's the link: Standley Lake Examples

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

out of the designs you have. My only thought would be to try and diffuse the brightness of the page (whitespace) outside of the purple border. The page almost seemed too bright. Maybe an antique white BG color or something. Nice work.

Chris

I did what you said on #3, and it does look better.

Thanks for your feedback!

Dale

- Lewis Carroll

I find most of the colors too hard on the eyes.

Number 4 I think is the most of appealing. The less saturated teal is easier on my eyes.

Something else I just noticed concerning the image of the side-by-side spines. I take it the straight spine is the health one. People tend to look at things from left to right; therefore, someone may interpret this as, "the poor guy went in healthy and come out crippled". : )

Hi Dale
    I thought that numbers 8 and 9 were the best.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

... number 8. It looks professional and serious.

The only thing I would change (mind you that I do not know anything about Web site design) is to make that fresh-air Fall picture less diffused and much bigger. I would also make the leaves photographic (in style with the photo).

I would also try to get a small splash of one fall color in to your design somewhere - to tie it all together.

Looking good, Dale!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I think #4 has the most potential. The table, I don't think is necessary. If you really think you need it at least center it on the page, and forget the black background.

Also With A Personal Touch. The capitalized A should be in the lower case.

Judi

My Stuff

#8 a lot, but agree with Risto that the autumn lake pic would look better a bit larger and darker. I also like 2, 3 and 5. I like 2 a lot also...but then I like bolder page colors, that's just me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Very nice work Dale!!!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi Dale,

I like all the designs, but none really stick in my mind as THE best. The colours and layout are all pleasing to my eyes.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update