Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Recently downloaded MM to use with FrontPage '98.

Am still in the learning mode, but:

It appears as though the MM integration feature does not function with FP'98. To work around this, we import all images and the two "...js" files generated by MM, and place "<script src="xaramenu.js"></script> <script menumaker src="jcs.js"></script> in the body of the HTML at the approprite location.

This seems to work well except for:

1. There is nothing shown in the "normal" mode of '98 to indicate that anything occupies the area selected for MM display. (MM displays & functions OK in "preview" mode. (Am accustomed to seeing a java icon in "normal" mode, and its convient to know that something is occupying the space.)

2. MM only works if the images are placed with other xxx.htm files as opposed to being placed in the "image" folder.

Both of these inconveniences are minor compared to the time saved with MM, but if I'm overlooking something, would like to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Vern

Recently downloaded MM to use with FrontPage '98.

Am still in the learning mode, but:

It appears as though the MM integration feature does not function with FP'98. To work around this, we import all images and the two "...js" files generated by MM, and place "<script src="xaramenu.js"></script> <script menumaker src="jcs.js"></script> in the body of the HTML at the approprite location.

This seems to work well except for:

1. There is nothing shown in the "normal" mode of '98 to indicate that anything occupies the area selected for MM display. (MM displays & functions OK in "preview" mode. (Am accustomed to seeing a java icon in "normal" mode, and its convient to know that something is occupying the space.)

2. MM only works if the images are placed with other xxx.htm files as opposed to being placed in the "image" folder.

Both of these inconveniences are minor compared to the time saved with MM, but if I'm overlooking something, would like to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Vern

Hello Vern,

Welcome to talkgraphics. I will have to leave the answering of the FP98/MM question to somebody who actually uses FP. (years ago I bought it, and discovered it was... ummmm... trash within 5 minutes, uninstalled it and never went back)

Did you install MM after FP? If you did, then check out the pull down menus in FP. One of them there menus should have a button to launch MM. Then build your menu. That is how you are supposed to get FP/MM to work together and everything should be visible.

The other question... Can MM put logos in an images directory? Sure as heck can! Under the save menu there is button called...set graphics folder. Press that...

See pretty picture....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	14392  

John,

Appreciate the speedy reply.

Yes, MM was installed after FP, but at present can't find that any "insert MM" commands have been added to the FP pull-downs. (perhaps when I receive the CD things will get organized).

Your tip on the MM "set graphics folder" command worked well...should have figured this out...."old dogs & new tricks....you know?? Still have to import the "xaramenu.js" file to the base FP folder, but no biggie.

Also discovered that using the FP "show format marks" button will indicate the presence of javascript in FP "normal" mode....not what I'm used to seeing, but gets the job done.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Vern