Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: filled shapes

Am totally stuck - have a drawing of a red panda that is being used for a logo but need it in both a filled (solid colours) and non-filled versions. Obviously the non-filled, ie just lines, are not a problem but I can't suss out at all how to get a filled version.

Can anyone help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Am totally stuck - have a drawing of a red panda that is being used for a logo but need it in both a filled (solid colours) and non-filled versions. Obviously the non-filled, ie just lines, are not a problem but I can't suss out at all how to get a filled version.

Can anyone help?

Hi Mags,

The outline of your panda appears to be several broken lines. The only remedy I have is to create a new layer and trace the outline to create one shape. Then you should be able to apply any fill or effect you like. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

-Ed.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Mags,

Besides the broken lines you also had converted the bottom/tail to a shape. So... I helped out a little.

1 copied your panda to 2 layers, Had to redraw the outline of the panda on one layer, filled it with a color, and the back rear leg.

http://www.draginet.com/dragon.gif
    John/DOT
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John/DOT

Hi John

Many thanks indeed for the file showing and explanation.

I've just got a brain block with this tracing though - to avoid having to trace the original image twice, how do I do it correctly so that I just trace the image once and can fill it in as required?

Thanks again

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've just got a brain block with this tracing though - to avoid having to trace the original image twice, how do I do it correctly so that I just trace the image once and can fill it in as required? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just use a white fill/ or no fill for the "line drawing" version.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mags:
    Hi John

Many thanks indeed for the file showing and explanation.

I've just got a brain block with this tracing though - to avoid having to trace the original image twice, how do I do it correctly so that I just trace the image once and can fill it in as required?

Thanks again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get used to drawing with closed shapes, instead of lines. Then it will be easy as anything.

http://www.draginet.com/dragon.gif
    John/DOT
    John/DOT

Thanks Judy and John - off to practise!