Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, but...
    That's a manual for v1.23. Where's the manual for 1.5? Do you get one when you purchase? 'Cause from what it looks like, they haven't made a manual for 1.5 yet, just the ZScripts that load with the new version (?) Or I could be wrong, but everyone seems to be clamoring for a manual, and I'm dying to try ZSpheres, but the only demo available is v1.23, which doesn't have ZSpheres.

Oh well, maybe the 1.5 demo will be available soon, but no news on that on their site (that I could find).

Brett

The version 1.5 manual is expected to be published the same time as the next update, according to Aurick on ZBrushCentral.

Work on the 1.5 demo is expected to start shortly after the next update. Aurick said they believed the update was the priority project at this time.

Mathew at pixologic says (in email I just received) the bonus update should be released in two weeks.

Soquili

[This message was edited by Soquili on October 30, 2002 at 18:44.]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm sorry that the direction I pointed you folks in happened to be the previous version manual---I did not know.

BTW, the animations are fantastic, aren't they? Also, has everyone seen the GIF files that animate ZSpheres, also on the pixelogic site?

I think this is a ground-breaking program: paint your way to 3D modeling! The interface is beginning to make more sense to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Is everyone on this thread aware of Scilynt's
    posts on the other training thread? Check it out. He talks about PHP training materials for ZBrush.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...1&m=5551937895

It's not up on the site yet, but it was only posted today.

My Best,

Gare

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

couple more weeks...... then they will get busy and put out a 1.5.(2?) trial, fingers crossed.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ZBrush has been semi-groundbreaking for a couple of years now, but I think this new release will really place it on the global map. Animations, finally!!! And the infuriating dark, weird UI is now finally color-customizable.

I'm slated to review this new ZBrush in my December column at www.graphics.com. OOps, I mistyped that first as XBrush! Now THAT brings some interesting associations to mind . . . :-)

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Actually, I believe that Alias|Wavefront has been doing something with painting 3D effects for a couple years now, too. Though taking a different direction than Pixelogic, Alias... has nevertheless made a great contribution to ease of modeling.

If anyone would like to download the fun-to-watch Maya screensaver, it's at http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Tmp...l&style=normal

The attached is a screen dump of the saver. The same technology is used to create organic stuff such as grass in images that would otherwise take too many polygons to efficiently render. But, and here's the kick...when you use the Paint Effects feature in a Maya file, the paint is truly 3D...you can animate around grass, clouds and so on.

My Best,

Gare
    Gary*@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Self-maintaining in perpetuity.
    Visit the updated GaryWorld Gallery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maya_Paint_Effects..jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	4539  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com