Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

My question is as above, if anyone knows how to perform this operation I would greatly appreciate it.

My question is as above, if anyone knows how to perform this operation I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello Tuckers!
    Welcome to Talkgraphics Forums http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    ThereĀ“s no way to clone like the clone stamp tool in photoshop since Xara X is a vector application and is not able to deal with pixels like a bitmap/raster application do.
    The closest you can get in Xara is selecting a shape and hiting CTRL+K on your keyboard. This will make a clone of the selected shape OVER the original one. You can clone several shapes/objects at once too, just select them first (dragging the cursor so the selection rectang. encloses all the desired shapes OR pressing SHIFT while selecting the objects) and then hitting CTRL+K.

Abother option would be select a shape(s) then hit CTRL+C and then CTRL+V (you know, the usual copy/paste operation you find in almost all programs) this will place a copy/clone of the selected object in the middle of the area (of your drawing) you are currently seeing on your screen.
    Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Miguel B.

I believe another option would be to duplicate your object by using CTRL+D. Placement will be determined by the offset parameters set in the page setup options.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Here's how I do it.
    Determine what area you want to use as a stamp. Draw a shape defining this area. I usually use a circle. Do a combine shapes/slice. Clone the slice and move it aside. select the slice and group it back with the original. Select the slice you set to the side and apply a little feathering. Then clone and move the clones as needed to achieve the effect you desire.

John

To build upon Johns Clone clone stamp. After you build it the stamp then left click on you stamp, and then rightclick where ever you want a stamp....

See my original use of the stamp in the attached graphic... I was gonna put up a real juicy example, but thought better of it. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	17807  

Don't forget the old drag and right-click to drop a copy

Art