Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know there has been some interest in NetObjects Fusion MX, the application I use for creating the XaraXone and related pages.

I received an e-mail from WebSite Pros (NetObjects new owners) advertising a sale price of $89.00 US

Click Here to go to the order site.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I know there has been some interest in NetObjects Fusion MX, the application I use for creating the XaraXone and related pages.

I received an e-mail from WebSite Pros (NetObjects new owners) advertising a sale price of $89.00 US

Click Here to go to the order site.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hello All,
    I Just created a web site with NetObject Fusion MX and I must say it was great to work with. You can select a style put some graphics in it and walla a website. You don't need to know much. They do have a trial version for you to try. This is my first effort with a web site and for a newbie it's just the thing. (I'm to old to be a newbie) My site is rough and raw. Need to use thumbnails for pictures. I was only allowed 5 pages with this web host for this effort. I have 2 other sites to work up with another host. This web host allows me 500 meg at a very low cost. Oh well check out the site if you wish. Thanks for your help Gary. http://www.geotroycrafts.com

This forum has been of enormous help to Xara users. Well, NOF has had "equally good" (I don't want to provoke any flames) fora, which make the software that much better. Anmd it was pretty good to start with. For UK readers, I suggest you head over to www.redleaf.co.uk whose John Carratt is a TeamNO member and they're ever so helpful.

Jon
    Jon

I have purchased Fusion 4.0 from the discussion here. Is it worth upgrading to MX from 4.0?
    What does MX offer?
    Will this company continue?
    Jpresley

Gary did not say so but Xaratone is listed as one of Netobjects Fusion MX business partners. This list comes up in the parts view of MX. To handle your photos you can get a plugin to handle your gallery photos. You will need to go to their web site and check what has been added in their latest version. Gary can address your questions because he has been a long term user. As for me I'm a new user of NFO.

NetObjects went out of business in late summer of last year. Good product, stupid management.

The company sold their patents to Macromedia. NetObjects and Fusion was purchased by an outfit called WebSite Pros who probably have a lot of use for NetObjects Matrix, a system that lets users build web sites on-line.

The good news is WebSite Pros has hired many of the better people from NetObjects and has said they are committed to supporting Fusion and continuing to develop the product. So, for the time being, it looks as if this terffic product will continue.

Fusion does have a partnership with XaraModules.

I used Fusion 4 for a long time, passing on version 5 because it was bug-ridden and no bing improvement over version 4 which is pretty stable once you install the update patches.

If you have modest web site needs, version 4 is fine. If you have more moderate web site needs, MX is a very good upgrade. Some of the best features are an auto-recovery feature so if Fusion MX crashes because of a corrupted file, and this happens from time to time, MX will attempt to fix the corrupted file next time you open the site. There is also a new Optimize feature that is very helpful for large sites such as the XaraXone. Fusion is database driven, (things such as links management, etc.) and after a while the database can get pretty unweildy and slow down performance. The re-optimize feature compacts the database and makes the site run smoother and faster. And this is all done by Fusion MX. You don't even have to know what a database is.

Hope this helps. I'll be happy to answer more questions if there are any.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Thanks, Gary for the info.
    Does Fusion 4.0 work well within Windows XP?

jpresley

Nice and clean. Now we know your real name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I bookmarked it, you never know when you are going to meet someone that needs/wants quality woodturned products. I'm a hairdresser, so I may very well meet someone, in all seriousness.

I have the program and haven't had a moment to really get into it yet. I will, in time. As they say, 'when the time is right' it will happen.

RAMWOlff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have Windows XP and both Fusion 4 and MX work fine.

There is a problem migrating files from 4 to MX that has to do with Styles. The best way to handle this is to export your sites as Templates and then to open a new site from template when you get into MX.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone