Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: How doI,

I received a Wacom Graphire2 tablet as a gift. How do I make it work in Xara?

Reading the help files, I tried creating a new brush, however line width (pressure) never changes. Perhaps a mini-tut from one of you tablet users.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I know the tablet works because I can use it in Photopaint fine.

I just can't figure how to use it in Xara.

Thanks, Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

I received a Wacom Graphire2 tablet as a gift. How do I make it work in Xara?

Reading the help files, I tried creating a new brush, however line width (pressure) never changes. Perhaps a mini-tut from one of you tablet users.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I know the tablet works because I can use it in Photopaint fine.

I just can't figure how to use it in Xara.

Thanks, Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

I just bought a Wacom G2, and it seems to me that the pressure fuctionality is only operational in bitmap programs, but not in vector programs. I have not yet tried it with Illustrator.

I have used it so far in Xara to draw shaped lines, and it gives more of the feel of painting with a brush or pencil than a mouse does.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

If you are using a brush, edit it under the scaling area there is a slider for pressure. Save the change. You can also make transparency respond to pressure in the Edit.

Regular lines do not respond to pressure.

Judi

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff