Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Since this is the hottest conference at talkgraphics, I thought I would post this here (only The Xara Gallery comes close, and that's just under half the posts Xara has!), so here goes:

Is anybody interested in having a separate "Off-Topic" conference, like unleashed.com's "Water Cooler?" I've noticed that people tend to post where they regularly visit, but sometimes the off-topic subjects get kind of lost when they could have generated more responses from the regulars of "other software, " (e.g., Sean's post asking for ideas about Mac software for his friend). It would certainly go a long way towards getting away from those "don't post this here, try the other guy" responses.

If you are interested, who makes the decision?

Since this is the hottest conference at talkgraphics, I thought I would post this here (only The Xara Gallery comes close, and that's just under half the posts Xara has!), so here goes:

Is anybody interested in having a separate "Off-Topic" conference, like unleashed.com's "Water Cooler?" I've noticed that people tend to post where they regularly visit, but sometimes the off-topic subjects get kind of lost when they could have generated more responses from the regulars of "other software, " (e.g., Sean's post asking for ideas about Mac software for his friend). It would certainly go a long way towards getting away from those "don't post this here, try the other guy" responses.

If you are interested, who makes the decision?

I think an off topic board would be great.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

...would it be an "open" forum tho'?

I guess the moderators of the forum would decide the limits...there are plenty of boards around the 'net where you can go to get into hot-and-heavy issues.

I was generally thinking of graphics questions that don't come under the heading of a specific software represented here, although "getting personal" is great, too (like "where do you live, careers, and childhood photos). I don't think you'll get any arguments that those are very popular, running into pages of replies [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

smorg,

What if some one post an non off-topic issue on the off-topic forum ?

Just kiddin
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Juan Carlos, that's funny! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]