Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello Carol!
    It’s not Christmas time but,
    if you need Christmastree Brush for your Projekt 100% made in Xara X, please told me and i will eMail you the xar.file, i will post a jpeg image to see the tree and the branches,
    I like what you drawing in Xara and i like the small Bird(Robin) have you draw it in Xara too or is clipart?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Austrian_Christmastrees.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	4422  

to a wonderful group of people. You are all so helpful it is really great.

I am beginning to think I should have started with something simpler like your example Simon! Thank you for taking the time to give my project a go like that. I am waiting for my disks to arrive, but did get an e-mail from Amazon today to say it has been despatched. Hooray! Then I will have access to the clipart, fills etc.

However, as I have come this far I feel I want to persevere with the project. I tried putting branches of fir or tinsel below the candle which sort of worked OK.

Lord, I would love to receive your fir brush by e-mail. It looks wonderful (certainly better than my feeble attempt!) The little bird, by the way, is a photo of one of my needlework designs.

Thanks again,

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

The lights looked nice on there, combined with Gary's suggestion to darken it, they would look nice. Make the shadow of the bulbs the same color as the bulbs and pull them down and to the side more to give the effect they're away from the wall. If you could make the bulbs glow a bit more, it might help...check out Garys gell tutorials which may help.

http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/aug02/
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook04/index.htm

Looks very good! If you have to porint a bunch out, check out a place like Kinkos for their prices and file format they'll need. Sometimes it coists less if you can drop it off and pick it up the next day, or a couple days later, depending how busy they are.

Brad Hagen
    Large Scale Planes
    http://www.kithobbyist.com/largescaleplanes/
    P-40 Warhawk
    http://kithobbyist.com/p40warhawk/

Very nice picture, Carol! But where are Snoopies?

Alexander G.

Hi,

Can I say thankyou for all the help and advice you have given me on my first project.

The one that was settled on doesn't give the right light effect but was decided to be the lightest on ink to print. I've attached it below so you can take a peek.

Can I say Thank You to Lord for sending me the Christmas tree brush this morning. Even though I got a heart attack! My Norton Anti-Virus started flashing just after I downloaded the file. But no probs, it was hahaha and his Seven Dwarfs again not Lord!

Can I check what a Snoopie is please? I know him as a little cartoon dog, but can't quite see the connection.

I may take my picture further in my own time to get it how I would like it, but at least the job is done.

Carol Leather
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finished.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	2550  
    Carol Leather

/Can I check what a Snoopie is please? I know him as a little cartoon dog, but can't quite see the connection./

I just wanted to ask - why such well-known hero is absent in the gift-list? It can be not fair, because I like Snoopy more than teddies, robins, snowmen etc. (joke certainly)

Alexander G. (Xander)

I think your final is terrific Carol. Great Job!

dafipp