Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Do the wanna-be-webmaster or Xara team terminate this wonderful forum? I mean we are talking about an illustration, drawing and design software here, but we are not able to include any pictures in the post anymore.

Did you loose your brains? Did you forget that a picture says more than a thousand words?

What's your intent to modify the methods of posting? Do you want to screw us or do you enjoy to pi.. us off?

If the nobrainer who is responsible for this forum does not know about fantastic bb systems, he definitely should look for another job as a janitor or something similar, where he can mess around as much as he wants.

There is no problem to run a php bb or forum board - there are tons out there in the world, most of them are FREE to use. All you need is a server. Don't have a server or don't know how to run a server? I can help! We are running some 14.000 servers for our customers, so if the management of Xara wants to get rid of the nobrainer just drop me a note and I will set up a php forum for you that is stable, feature loaded, extremely fast and doesn't frustrate the users/members.

A word to AnthonyF: if you should dare to move this post or lock it, I have a real big surprise for you!
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

Do the wanna-be-webmaster or Xara team terminate this wonderful forum? I mean we are talking about an illustration, drawing and design software here, but we are not able to include any pictures in the post anymore.

Did you loose your brains? Did you forget that a picture says more than a thousand words?

What's your intent to modify the methods of posting? Do you want to screw us or do you enjoy to pi.. us off?

If the nobrainer who is responsible for this forum does not know about fantastic bb systems, he definitely should look for another job as a janitor or something similar, where he can mess around as much as he wants.

There is no problem to run a php bb or forum board - there are tons out there in the world, most of them are FREE to use. All you need is a server. Don't have a server or don't know how to run a server? I can help! We are running some 14.000 servers for our customers, so if the management of Xara wants to get rid of the nobrainer just drop me a note and I will set up a php forum for you that is stable, feature loaded, extremely fast and doesn't frustrate the users/members.

A word to AnthonyF: if you should dare to move this post or lock it, I have a real big surprise for you!
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

Just one of the many samples for an intelligent phpbb system:

http://www.nx7000.de/index.php

And here is the link to the free phpbb system:

http://www.phpbb.com/

Fast yet reasonable servers (starting at 49 US$) with savvy admins and a **working** chat systsem can be found here:

http://www.highspeedweb.net

Sure, a phpbb system requires a real webmaster, not someone of the low level person we have here, but the goal is to serve a community and not the webmaster, right?

For several months there is a button for chat, but the chat is not working - what the hell is the wanna-be-webmaster doing all the time if he doesn't work on a functioning system?

I have developed an ultrafast chat system, and you are free to use it if you want it. I'm not a 'webmaster', but I've coded it years ago, waiting for the members to use it:

Xartist Chat

OK, I haven't checked it for months now, but it should work, though it might need some adjustment...

Any questions?

If a dumb designer like me can set up a chat system (and more), I expect a webmaster being able to modify and customize a bulletin board system like this one so we can post images like we used to do the last years.
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--
    IP

hey jens...

You'd better apologize asap man, hehe.
    You're way off base buddy. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Open a REPLY window... look immediately below the post text field on the left... see that text link that says "Add Attachment?"?... yeah... there's your problem. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Check MY attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-attachment.gif 
Views:	209 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	3351  
    IP

Jens, final warning. If you post one more topic about this matter, you will be suspended. No discussions.

This thread is closed.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Mark,

huh? Maybe I'm from mars, but didn't you notice that the picture isn't displayed in the post itself? You have to click the image to load a new page! If you call this comfort and adequate for an artist forum, you are right.

Don't you see the difference? Several days ago when you added a picture, it used to be displayed at the bottom of your post - no additional action required.

Internet means instant gratification, not click-o-mania!

Give me **one** single reason for the change!
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--
    IP