Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anthony

The 'post an image' to the forum has disappeared (ie the little paper clip) Now all we seem to be able to do is post a link to the image. This isn't very helpful.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Anthony

The 'post an image' to the forum has disappeared (ie the little paper clip) Now all we seem to be able to do is post a link to the image. This isn't very helpful.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I just posted to 'TalkGraphics feedback & questions' to ask the same thing. I see a message linked from the forum homepage from gidgit which doesn't appear in the TalkGraphics feedback & questions section itself, and my question never made it online.

talkgraphics.com seems banjaxxed, Egg your post count is 0 and on my otherwise zippy 2 meg cable connection, this site is really crawling.
    IP

Also Gary's usually-crisp workbook image looks pretty rotten today after clicking on the link - did Gary export it as a 256 colour PNG or has the forum software changed it? Your (Egg) JPEG later in the same thread seems unbotched.

Maybe a good sleep will see it all put back to how it was yesterday http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    IP

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Maybe a good sleep will see it all put back to how it was yesterday
    I don't think so - seems the board software went through an update. Unfortunately, this update could have been coded by Microsoft as buggy and user-unfriendly as it is...

Let's start praying!
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Anthony

Egg
    Yeah! Seems someone has been playing with the wrong buttons yesterday...
    We must give the man something else to play with http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif... or this will be a pain!!!!

Miguel B.
    IP

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Don't forget: Anthony's favorite is to mess up the board... we've had this in the past, and I think he won't stop it <sigh>.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

Also Gary's usually-crisp workbook image looks pretty rotten today after clicking on the link - did Gary export it as a 256 colour PNG or has the forum software changed it?
    Daniel - I had exported the image as a 256 PNG file which usually works fine and is much sharper than a JPEG. But when the image did not appear except as a link, and as I noticed the look and function of the board had changed, I tried making the file size smaller by limiting the colors to 32 with dithering.

But that does not appear to be the problem.

Jens - Love your animated avitar.

Gary
    IP

Everyone's post count has dropped to 0

I think we're agreed that the images should come back to being truly attached rather than linked.

I'm sure linking saves a bit of bandwidth but it sure does hit the usability. If Xara hurried along a new $20 stopgap bugfix to X¹, we'd all gladly line their pockets to cover the bandwidth I'm sure http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    IP

I think this may have taken place.
    Eve Version: 1.2.0 Upgrade Coming Soon

Version 1.2.0 will be deployed to all servers between Feb 7-17th. Please watch your email for notifications. Some downtime will be required for the update.
    And,

Forum Settings -> Posting Settings tab

Attachments:

Show Attached Images Inline [ ]
    needs to be reset by an administrator.
    IP