Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Gary's right: the old fogeys have to die out, and then the new blood can take over! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, heh.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

http://www.gwpriester.com/flag.gif

Gary, you old refuge from the 'sixties, you're about twenty years closer to extinction than I am.

But the problem with waiting for all those reactionary Mac-droids to die out is that they're all twenty-or-thirty-somethings - even younger than I!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

A very interesting OS is being developed, with the initial rollout being scheduled for the end of this month (December)that runs Windows apps on a Linux "kernel" (forgive me if my terminology isn't precise, I'm a designer, not a programmer!).
    This isn't a "virtual browser". It is being designed to run practically all Windows programs, without a noticeable difference in performance.
    The best thing about it, it will be licensed to the user, not to a single computer. You can buy one copy for use at home and the office, and change all the hardware you want without having to re-register. I have signed up to have a crack at it as soon as it is released. For more info, check out http://www.lindows.com. Heck, I just love the name! Lindows! Heh Heh!

<font size=3 color="#0055ff" face="Tahoma">Gary V.</font>

<font size="-2" face="Verdana" color="red">The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel.</font>
    "I'm not an artist, but I play one on the internet!"

No pressure right guys!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hello

Is there anyone who has any experience of running Xara under Windows emulation. eg Softwindows.

I really like the look of the New Apple OSX.

Mike Engles

Yes please!!!
    I use both a Mac & a PC.
    The latter is for web work (my job) and the former for graphics & video (partly work but mostly personal). I'd love to use Xara on the Mac because they are both lovely to use. Plus it would be good to have Xara break out of the Windows mould.
    Just my tuppence worth
    Amanda