Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First of all, I have to say thank you to Ross, who drew our attention to the link in Gary's New Logo Designs post for the Son of a Makeover Maven Series. I had no idea that it was out there, and (embarassed to say) that I did not click on the link when I read Gary's post the first time. Now that I have, thank you Gary, for writing it (the entire series) it is just one more of the powerful tools you have supplied those of us just starting out, or hoping to.

For those of you that read this, and have not checked out the series, I highly recommend it. The issue on exploring logo design is in itself too valuable to miss, just for the perspective.

Chris

First of all, I have to say thank you to Ross, who drew our attention to the link in Gary's New Logo Designs post for the Son of a Makeover Maven Series. I had no idea that it was out there, and (embarassed to say) that I did not click on the link when I read Gary's post the first time. Now that I have, thank you Gary, for writing it (the entire series) it is just one more of the powerful tools you have supplied those of us just starting out, or hoping to.

For those of you that read this, and have not checked out the series, I highly recommend it. The issue on exploring logo design is in itself too valuable to miss, just for the perspective.

Chris

Yeah, that was a fun series although in the end, Foster could not pay me any more to continue the series.

Looks like Designer.com might be going the same direction, as did Colorize.com, efuse.com, GoBizGo.com and many more dot coms. -Sigh

Thank heavens for Xara, eh?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

am I doing up so late? That series was what got me going. Foster's page was good. I think I did all your tuts on those pages Gary. It is a pity they are all folding up...good nite

http://www.bodyworkposters.com

that just knowing you are educating a new generation of artists is not payment enough? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] That is too bad about all of those sites though, there are so many great resources out there that someday may not be available to budding young artists. Here is to hoping that won't be the case for all of them!

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> that just knowing you are educating a new generation of artists is not payment enough? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd rather be doing what I am doing than just about anything else I could think of. And yes, there is a trememdous amount of satisfaction from helping others and from the hundreds of virtual friends I have made in the process.

However, as I am not independently wealthy, I do need to generate some income to feed the five cats and voracious canary, who goes through seed treats as if there was no tomorrow :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

to have your talents and be willing to share them. It is not often that a person possesses the ability to create great art and be able to write about the techniques and such in an understandable way.

I am, of course, joking with you about the money...tell you what, when I win the lottery (must be at least a 50 mil jackpot...I have things I need to do) I will start my own website and pay you. Or you could just feed the canary to the cats and solve both problems... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Chris

while not funny if it were to happen, caused me to laugh out loud.

I remember helping my grandmother as a child clean up the bird seed off the floor and put new newspaper in the cage. We also on several occasions, about went crazy trying to rescue that bird (after an escape) while the cat was jumping like he was on a pogo stick thinking this was an early lunch.

To this day I remember Gram in her apron as she rescued that bird.

Oh, by the way Gary.
    Having your talent is RICH! My hope is that being that rich you are still HAPPY! Sometimes to much money can screw that up.

Maybe the key words are to much.
    Phil

Some of the cats sleep on top of the canary's cage. He's not real happy about it, but it does not seem to bother him too much. As long as the cats don't drool on him :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

out of my mind...the only thing to do was a little clipart manipulation in Xara.

Mickie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catbird.gif 
Views:	248 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	14751