Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I have noticed that many of us appear to be getting a bit testy with one another of late. And while one or two of the examples of this lack of on-line restraint have been well deserved, most have really come from a failure to communicate.

Ross made an attempt at this topic some months ago rather eloquently, but it seems a good time to bring it up again.

We are here to learn, share ideas and images, and to enjoy the company of one another. The Xara Conferences are our little private world where people from all over the world (see Bruce's post Where Are You come to talk about Xara and to get to know one another. We are a little international community.

This is really cool.

But sometimes, and I fully admit my own guilt here, we get a little angry and say things in writing that we would never say to someone in person.

This is not cool.

So, without going on and on, I think you get the idea. Let's all try to make nice with one another, even if you think the other guy is a jerk and we don't agree with her or him.

I am going to make a fresh start and I invite all of you to join me. Before you press the Post Now button, read your message again and see if it says what you think it says. If you are joking, use one of the Instant Smilies to show that you are joking as you would smile if you were talking to this person face to face.

If you need help on something, by all means ask. We have more talented and knowledgable people in this conference than you can possibly imagine, who are eager to help. Try to ask your question in a very direct manner.

OK?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    he tub mob relieves</a>

I have noticed that many of us appear to be getting a bit testy with one another of late. And while one or two of the examples of this lack of on-line restraint have been well deserved, most have really come from a failure to communicate.

Ross made an attempt at this topic some months ago rather eloquently, but it seems a good time to bring it up again.

We are here to learn, share ideas and images, and to enjoy the company of one another. The Xara Conferences are our little private world where people from all over the world (see Bruce's post Where Are You come to talk about Xara and to get to know one another. We are a little international community.

This is really cool.

But sometimes, and I fully admit my own guilt here, we get a little angry and say things in writing that we would never say to someone in person.

This is not cool.

So, without going on and on, I think you get the idea. Let's all try to make nice with one another, even if you think the other guy is a jerk and we don't agree with her or him.

I am going to make a fresh start and I invite all of you to join me. Before you press the Post Now button, read your message again and see if it says what you think it says. If you are joking, use one of the Instant Smilies to show that you are joking as you would smile if you were talking to this person face to face.

If you need help on something, by all means ask. We have more talented and knowledgable people in this conference than you can possibly imagine, who are eager to help. Try to ask your question in a very direct manner.

OK?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    he tub mob relieves</a>

I agree with you Gary. I know as artists or creative people we can all be sensitive to the words of others. We should all be careful of the words that we post. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. In a way we are also representing the Xara community when we post here. Let's keep it a nice and friendly place that anyone would feel comfortable to visit and and ask for help.

Gary now you are sounding like true humble moderator person. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Although nothing and nowhere in life is perfect, I believe we come closer than most. I agree Gary, let's keep striving for perfection here, we can't set our goals higher!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I visit these forums to view members techniques and images. I hate wading thru reams of flaming text. It's also very counter productive, keeping away possible posters, who just lurk and read the threads without posting. We should be doing all we can to encourage their input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!!!the_moderator3.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	8008  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

... once again, Egg! You are brilliant!

It is tricky for people that do not have English as their first language to always be on the mark with what they try to express.

I'm signing on, also! I will only be positive and helpful from now on...

... except when the other guy is being a total a**hole [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

Thank goodness someone has come out and said something. I visit this forum most evenings and I too have noticed the general trend in recent weeks. Sadly I can put my hand up as being one guilty of getting upset by things people have said. Hopefully I've responded in a tactful way and not upset anyone. I do try hard because I do NOT like upsetting ANYONE let alone those who try to help when I need it. Sometimes it's very hard to control what you say but for the sake of the forum lets all try a bit harder to be civil to one another.

Thanks Gary - thanks for starting this thread - it was needed.

Tracey

All over the internet you see much worse than here, and, gee I don't know, but I think sometimes the conflicts between people bring them closer to each other. And sanitized communications distance everyone. I think a certain amount of conflict is healthy. It humanizes the forum. We just have to be mature enough to handle it. And I think we are. I've seen conflict after conflict meet with resolution here. Something wrong with that?

Don't shoot X-men, don't shoot. See the little smiley face ...<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I totally agree with EVERYONE, including Deb, because one can argue and still be civil (well, maybe)

Rgds.....Tad.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm happy to listen to one person's point of view, however irate or offensive, what's boring is when other people react to it and an argument ensues. As Xara becomes more mainstream and this forum becomes more popular, we're bound to encounter more diverse clientele who aren't familiar with our genteel way of doing things. IMO, it's the responsibility of the senior members (anybody who is familiar) to not react and to try to reply without bias. Possibly easier said than done!

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean