Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I have noticed that many of us appear to be getting a bit testy with one another of late. And while one or two of the examples of this lack of on-line restraint have been well deserved, most have really come from a failure to communicate.

Ross made an attempt at this topic some months ago rather eloquently, but it seems a good time to bring it up again.

We are here to learn, share ideas and images, and to enjoy the company of one another. The Xara Conferences are our little private world where people from all over the world (see Bruce's post Where Are You come to talk about Xara and to get to know one another. We are a little international community.

This is really cool.

But sometimes, and I fully admit my own guilt here, we get a little angry and say things in writing that we would never say to someone in person.

This is not cool.

So, without going on and on, I think you get the idea. Let's all try to make nice with one another, even if you think the other guy is a jerk and we don't agree with her or him.

I am going to make a fresh start and I invite all of you to join me. Before you press the Post Now button, read your message again and see if it says what you think it says. If you are joking, use one of the Instant Smilies to show that you are joking as you would smile if you were talking to this person face to face.

If you need help on something, by all means ask. We have more talented and knowledgable people in this conference than you can possibly imagine, who are eager to help. Try to ask your question in a very direct manner.

OK?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    he tub mob relieves</a>

I never ever reject a good old-fashioned quality s-word-s duel. Just it must be decent, funny and opponents must respect each other. Have you ever heard of famous Monkey Island swords duels? ;-))

Mom's saying is morally reprehensible: if people around you are saying ghastly things - say, that Jews are underdogs and should be gassed (and numerous other, much less extreme cases) - then "saying nothing and keeping shut" will, through your silence, imply that you agree. This is largely how evil wins in the world, through the silence of good people in speaking out against bad ideas and actions.

But Dad may well have a point. For some people . . .

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Gary, with the staunch support of your no doubt long-suffering wife, I hereby relinguish the title of "everybody's favorite curmudgeon" - and hand it over to you!

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

You nailed it... It's about Graphics and Art.

Not Rikki Lake or Springer...

But someone brought up "Civil War?"

"CIVIL WAR," GUNS 'N' ROSES. Damn Good Song! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

In all my different activities I meet different persons from different countries and with different backgrounds. I have found this forum is a splendid place to learn how to respect all differences!

Very friendly to all!

ivan

Tad, if I could turn into Gary and have his talent I might consider it, but I would have to be able to stay my age. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Apparently it is a badge of honor to be turned into Gary. If it happened to Klaus it must be a good thing.

Gary, I must have missed the u-g-l-y threads.

Robert

According to your profile, Gary, you're already in your sixtieth year (which starts when you turn 59)! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

I visit these forums to view members techniques and images. I hate wading thru reams of flaming text. It's also very counter productive, keeping away possible posters, who just lurk and read the threads without posting. We should be doing all we can to encourage their input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!!!the_moderator3.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	8008  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Say rgremill,
    How often are you turned "into" Gary. Is it like "Being John Malkovich" ?? Where is the portal?

Rgds,,,Tad... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]