Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi

The other day I was trying to do tidy-up a logo to make it more suitable for putting on a web site but this involved changing the colour of lines to colours other than those on the colour palette. Some of you may know what is coming - I couldn't do it, at least I couldn't find out how it is done. Is there a way it can be done and if so how?

I should add that the need for this has now been overcome as I found a better way of achieving my aim using Combine Shapes|Subtract Shapes. Nevertheless, for future reference, I would still like to know how to change line colours, for example using the colour editor and/or the eye dropper. It is something that has puzzled me for some time but only really caused me any bother a few days ago.

Tracey

Hi

The other day I was trying to do tidy-up a logo to make it more suitable for putting on a web site but this involved changing the colour of lines to colours other than those on the colour palette. Some of you may know what is coming - I couldn't do it, at least I couldn't find out how it is done. Is there a way it can be done and if so how?

I should add that the need for this has now been overcome as I found a better way of achieving my aim using Combine Shapes|Subtract Shapes. Nevertheless, for future reference, I would still like to know how to change line colours, for example using the colour editor and/or the eye dropper. It is something that has puzzled me for some time but only really caused me any bother a few days ago.

Tracey

Tracey,

At the top of the Color Editor you can choose either fill color or line color. Take a look at the attached screen shot.

Mickie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lineColor.gif 
Views:	289 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	8674  

A quick way to change or bring up the color editor in the current line color mode is to right click the color editor icon...Joel

......read the manual - in this case the help file - that's the saying isn't it. Didn't even think of looking at the help file. Thanks fellas for your help. As always this forum has come up with an answer as quickly as ever. Thanks very much.

Tracey