Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fantastic Su.

I completely forgot about using clipview. This will eliminate the second step for transparent fills using my method. Thanks for including this. I'd say Lothaekor should be all set now. I like your pattern BTW. It would look cool with a bevel.

Cheers,
    Wayne

I was going to suggest converting your lines to shape. Then when you Intersect Shapes, you won't get the outline.

The other suggestion is to use the much forgotten Apply Clip View (Arrange menu) which would also mask the contents of the pattern.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

No worries, Glad I could help.

Lothaekor - great that it works for your fill.

Wayne - yes there is something weird about clipview, when I am working on something I don't often think to use it to achieve a certain effect, then suddenly it just pops into your head. I don't know what made the guys at Xara think of it but I am glad that they did. What I really like about clipview is that you can edit the clipviewed elements without removing clipview. So you can change the transparency of the back shape after clipviewing, if you like.

Pattern ... Thanks Wayne, I was looking for a pattern that was easy to align against the back square, but that had enough transparency... a bevel hmmm, might have a go at that, see how easy it is to get the edges aligned.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I tried clipview on the same pattern that I used Su's suggestion on, for exporting a tiled image, and the clipview export was great, but only if the "frame" behind the other objects was made entirely transparent, including the outline. If I made the "frame" white, I got a really funky edge where two colored areas met, unless I also made the "frame" outline white. White or transparent worked equally well if the outlines matched.

Interesting.....

It's great to know several ways to do the same thing!

Dale

PS - To moderator-type-person: When I edit a post, it cuts off the signature area. My Lewis Carroll quote ends up as "Why I" .

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on March 11, 2002 at 11:01.]