Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've been meaining to do a portrait when I find the time to work it in. Maybe this will help to motivate me.

It looks so simple the way you present it! If only it were that simple. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I will have to "cheat" a lot to get a good result.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

... Maya!

Excellent mini tut!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I appreciate your replies and I hope it does inspire those of you who want to do portraits to try it---I used actual pieces of the file here, shrunk them down as best I could and assembled the basic building blocks of the face just as I would work---then you just keep on shading as much as you like with more patches of lighter and darker tones and a few soft lines faded in places.
    If you have any questions just ask and I'll try to help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain