Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For anyone interested---thought I'd post it separately so if anyone wants to find it later it will be an easy search...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brandoncrowtut2.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	1074  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

For anyone interested---thought I'd post it separately so if anyone wants to find it later it will be an easy search...
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks so much [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Your a gem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Cool!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

thanks for the mini tutorial. I will try to follow your steps as soon as I will have some extra time to spend for 'playing' ;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hope it is helpful---if there are any questions, ask away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

is much appreciated, 'tho' I suspect you've made it look deceptively easy! But many thanks for the posting

Penny

actually the basics of building the face are simple---as much has already been covered by others previously on their techniques, I saw no reason to go into detail about that. How far you take a portrait, how much detail or little detail you use, I leave up to you and your tastes/goals. The building of additional layers is all that is required for more shading...or you can use fewer and get a different effect...

This tut shows what I, personally, start with---the sequence of steps I take to build the face---the rest is just repetition of using shaped layers in feathered transparency. I, personally, like to use elliptical transparencies on most of the shapes. I also prefer to use transparency, tapers and feathering on lines used...but that's just me. Everyone do it the way that suits you best. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Well done Maya! Now that gives me some inspiration to try it out myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Do give it a go!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain