Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This forum is by far the most pleasant and helpful on the entire web! I have been hanging around here for several years, and you can see by the number of my posts, that I rarely speak.

The post in the Gallery about the recycled tutorial is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If that post was on any other forum or newsgroup it would have escalated into a war, and would have probably been yanked by now. The maturity and keen friendships this group has displayed has truly impressed me. I commend each and everyone of you. You are all intelligent and a pleasure to be around. I normally don't hand out praise, and have always been a "you do your thing, I'll do mine" kind of person, but I had to make an exception here.

Another example is the cd's that are being put together. A splendid idea, but even more impressive is the fact that it was put into action immediately.

Again, my deepest appreciation to you all.

Respectfully,
    Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

This forum is by far the most pleasant and helpful on the entire web! I have been hanging around here for several years, and you can see by the number of my posts, that I rarely speak.

The post in the Gallery about the recycled tutorial is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If that post was on any other forum or newsgroup it would have escalated into a war, and would have probably been yanked by now. The maturity and keen friendships this group has displayed has truly impressed me. I commend each and everyone of you. You are all intelligent and a pleasure to be around. I normally don't hand out praise, and have always been a "you do your thing, I'll do mine" kind of person, but I had to make an exception here.

Another example is the cd's that are being put together. A splendid idea, but even more impressive is the fact that it was put into action immediately.

Again, my deepest appreciation to you all.

Respectfully,
    Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Nice to see the pleasure the forums bring you put into words . I'm sure most of us share in that pleasure.

I particularly like the way new forum participants are welcomed and encouraged to participate without bias towards the more skilled. I like that novices thru advanced users can help each other. (Novices: your input does help the more advanced users -- this road is a two-way street). I like that we are a global community. It provides us all an important opportunity to interact with those of other cultures. That interaction reinforces all of our similarities rather than our diversity.

Those of us who have been around for a while have had the pleasure of witnessing the improvements in others' skills. Sometimes those improvements are astounding. Those examples can provide us all hope that we too will improve. (I encourage everyone to read through old posts - it can be very entertaining, insightful, and encouraging).

I like that the forums allow the participants personalities to emerge over time. Few participants come across as two-dimensional. Rather we are able to show ourselves to be 'real'. I've noted that people post for many different reasons: seeking encouragement, to encourage others, to add information, seeking affirmation, out of humor, confusion, curiosity, and pure friendship. 'Real' people, at different times, may post for all those reasons.

Thankfully ignoranus (stupid assholes) types are few and far between. Those that do join the party usually don't stay long. Funny how they do tend to come back from time to time. Deep down they must really like it here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on March 05, 2002 at 10:27.]

there's not much more I could add to what you have said. You summed it up pretty well.

As for the occasional jerk that will at one time or another show up in any gathering. I have found throughout life that the only way they will stay is if they continue to have an audience. If they are ignored and get no response they tend to exit rather quickly.

Thanks for putting into words what I believe are the feelings of everyone here.

Jack

You summed it all up. Well spoken (written [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Thanks for making this forum another reason to come here.

Warm regards.........

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

This place has helped me and many others tremendously! I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you guys enough. It's an awesome place, better than any other on the web, I recommend this site to anyone who asks where they should go or what they should do to improve their art.

Thanks a lot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I've got to join the chorus too. I lurk here several times a week and fill my brain as well as creativity from this forum. I've learned so much from Ross, Egg, Gary and the others. It is such a strong resource that I have gotten several friends to purchase Xara by pointing them to this forum.

Thanks Folks!

- Wild

I agree Mike, 100%

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone