Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

The black part of the image extended to the edges, and when traced it became the background layer. I wanted to change the background fill, and have the forground image remain (black). I expanded the image to get a white edge all around. When it traced, the background layer was white. This layer was deleted, and I added a bitmap fill. Since white was the surrounding color, the background was reversed. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunrise.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	12748  

The black part of the image extended to the edges, and when traced it became the background layer. I wanted to change the background fill, and have the forground image remain (black). I expanded the image to get a white edge all around. When it traced, the background layer was white. This layer was deleted, and I added a bitmap fill. Since white was the surrounding color, the background was reversed. Rich

but the image is exquisite, Rich.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I inverted the background by surrounding the image in white. Before, the black was the background, and when deleted, all the image went away. It is a matter of controlling the image to get the trace you want. Rich

Creating a white border around the image caused the trace to have a white background. Otherwise, the trace had a black background. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunrise_method.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	4086  

I love the images that your creating, but I have the feeling that I'm missing what you are trying to explain. On several of your posts I find that I get completely lost by your explanations. Don't get me wrong, I want to understand, but I'm left mystified. Perhaps you could expand your explanation re the last 8 image posting, bearing in mind that the viewer hasn't your insight.
    Please don't take offence by my request for further clarification, but I am completely baffled.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host