Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: cartoon dog

While being very busy, and just in a general funk, I have tried to model a very low poly cartoon dog.

I did this last night in a couple of hours. Not very pleased, but I am getting some better with each try.

I had the hardest time with the eye brows. Any body got any tips?

Thanks,

Randy R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	18837  

Hi Randy...

Looks like a good start thus far mate.
    Low poly huh? hehee

Since dogs don't actually HAVE eyebrows that stick out, i suggest flattening those areas and painting them on -- like super models do. hahaa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Or are you talking about the eye "sockets"?

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

Hi Randy... this pooch is a cutie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    no tips here...I am such a 3D rookie... but glad to see your worx, and that you are having a fun time of it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

this is a really fun and cute guy!!! Looks like it's coming along pretty well! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

If its possible bring your eyes down the head further.

For eye brows just try to follow the loose basic shape of the eye itself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

For cartoon models just remember that the anatomy still has to be loosely based on the animal/human being used or it wont look quite right.

Stu.

Thanks everyone. Try to model a paw now.

Stu, I will try to move the eyes down.