Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

&nbsp
    I have been doing my first "real" Xara X image, and have been having a problem with transparency.

I am using a black background, and placing circular or oval shapes on the background, and then using the transparency tool to create a diffused effect, using circular or elliptical transparency.

The problem is when I create more than one and overlap them, I am getting "halos", beyond the outside area of the diffusion.

Any tips on how to prevent this? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Or an alternate method to doing this?

The subject: The Helix Nebula. It mostly looks like cloud-like patterns on a star field.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Maybe I'm approaching this from the wrong direction.

Dale

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/neb.jpg

&nbsp
    I have been doing my first "real" Xara X image, and have been having a problem with transparency.

I am using a black background, and placing circular or oval shapes on the background, and then using the transparency tool to create a diffused effect, using circular or elliptical transparency.

The problem is when I create more than one and overlap them, I am getting "halos", beyond the outside area of the diffusion.

Any tips on how to prevent this? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Or an alternate method to doing this?

The subject: The Helix Nebula. It mostly looks like cloud-like patterns on a star field.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Maybe I'm approaching this from the wrong direction.

Dale

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/neb.jpg

Did you try using the feathering tool?? If it's an export issue try using the "error diffusion" to export it. That will make the "ring around the universe" go away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

&nbsp
    That probably is the missing technique. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am familiar with exporting techniques, from my experience with Photoshop, so I hopefully have that covered.

Thanks! I'll post my image when I get it looking good enough to not embarrass myself.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I don't know if this will help...but try changing the transparency profile and experiment with that.

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transprofile.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	1603  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain