Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I thought I'd give it a try to create an animated gif stereogram pair.

I'm not sure how effective the 3d is. My eyes are going wonky from holding them cross-eyed far too long.

I exported the chair images from SketchUp and then assembled each double frame in Xara.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ani-gif-stereogram.gif 
Views:	1052 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	6269  

Hi Ross
    I can get a third middle image with this one, which I can't with Mikes photos, my eyes won't cross enough, I just see part of the middle image on his photo's, now matter how I try.
    Love SketchUp. I've D/L'd the trial and keep promising myself.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ross,
    that works very well, I am going to d/l sketchup, too. And the stereogram you posted in the other thread worked very well, too.

Egg, I'm sorry you can't manage my other stereograms, but in one of the posts in the Xara3D forum is a method for making these viewable with a mirror and no funny business with the eyes, and I posted an example image.

Mike

Egg and MIke,

Do download SU. It is a very unique approach.

There are aspects that can be "different" but now with its ability to script, many new possibilities are arising.

Have fun exploring.

Regards, John

Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

Access
    It is an animation of a viewpoint orbiting a static chair rather than of a chair rotating in situ.

I've d/loaded Sketchup, and started looking at the tutorial movies, and I am very impressed with its intuitive approach, it is what I've always thought a 3d vector application should be like. No intention of playing with it till I've seen all the movies, you only get 8 hours playing time in the demo version.

Mike

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Mike - you are correct about the shadow. I moved the camera around and not the chair.

Regarding SketchUp: Watching those movies is the right way to go. Also available is a comprehensive pdf manual that can be downloaded by anyone. Having just an eight hour demo seemed crazy to me at first. After watching some movies and then trying the demo I knew within a few minutes that it was perfect for me.

One thing you should do when you try sketchup is check your preferences to be sure hardware acceleration is turned on -- it will be available if your graphics card supports it. The program really needs that acceleration to be functional.

Just to be sure Xara isn't forgotten, I note that I use Xara to post process most of what I create in SketchUp. That can be to artistically crop, to add text effects, etc.

Regards, Ross