Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Message: Recently I found out, that Gallery is used like usual forum. I don't want to offend anybody, just I think it is too over-stuffed with repetitive examples of the same technique... e.g. tracing. Why don't you use the same thread for it and instead start a new one? I think we should talk and show our "tries" here, and post our best stuff in gallery.

Now that piece of crapht...

I've tried to play with transparencies and tracer to get some nice pop-art effects on the image and when I was bored with buble texture on a photograph my concentration went somewhere else and it ended here:

[This message was edited by Dmagician on July 30, 2001 at 10:41.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	horses1.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	15898  

Message: Recently I found out, that Gallery is used like usual forum. I don't want to offend anybody, just I think it is too over-stuffed with repetitive examples of the same technique... e.g. tracing. Why don't you use the same thread for it and instead start a new one? I think we should talk and show our "tries" here, and post our best stuff in gallery.

Now that piece of crapht...

I've tried to play with transparencies and tracer to get some nice pop-art effects on the image and when I was bored with buble texture on a photograph my concentration went somewhere else and it ended here:

[This message was edited by Dmagician on July 30, 2001 at 10:41.]

The paper texture and image of horses you can fin in Xara Clipart and Fill galleries.

The 4 color fill uses orange-yellow, red, spring green cyan and blue indigo if I remember right.

It's also nice to use lowres-fine-fills flowers3.jpg texture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	horses2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	6925  

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think we should talk and show our "tries" here, and post our best stuff in gallery. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! I totally agree Roman. And very interesting technique with the horses image.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

beehive or bus melt

I really think gallery should not be used for every little success you make. It's quality is weakening. Imagine someone visits gallery and everything what he founds is a lot of simple images possibly made in less than 2-3 hours. I think a real art worth displaying in gallery needs more than few Xara X effects...

I admit this is controversial, maybe even flaming theme, but really for me "gallery" means exposition, not a flea market. Also one have to look at two forums at once. Maybe It should be moderated somehow similarly to brushes and tips&tricks maybe. I expect angry reactions now, but believe me I mean it sincerely.

In fact, I kinda feel bad about cluttering up the gallery with some of my nonsense. It happened due to ignorance, but it doesn't help folks when they want to view high-quality artwork as opposed to experimental/learning exercises.

In the future I will only post to the Gallery if I feel REALLY good about something I have created.

...probably in a year or two...
    ~Dave!~

I also don't feel like posting my works into the gallery. I did once I must confess, and I doubt if it was that good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Believe me I don't point my finger at anyone in particular.I really appreciate everyone's work, but art-creating should be so-to-speak blood-sweating process resulting in 5 star thread. Instead you can find threads where author posts, then get's feedback, reworks, posts... etc. I think such things should happen in this forum not in the gallery. It should be an exposition of great pieces. The thread should start with a masterpiece, followed by the comments of visitors.