Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've just brought WS4 and was wondering if anyone has created a webpage with WS4 web templates? I wouldn't mind looking at some designs to see what can be done with WS4.

Bruce

Have a look at www.wega.org.uk The whole website is based on the Calibrate theme.
    There are seven different versions of the theme used.
    I found it a good idea (in fact it is essential!) to keep each version of the theme separate. Also once you have the skeleton of the page save a "blank" page. It should have the navigation bars, layout, colours etc, but, otherwise no content. When you want to add a page, open it, add your content, and save it with a new, relevant name.
    Used with an eye to its limitations, WebStyle 4 lets you build good looking web sites easily.
    It would be nice if you could keep photos in their own folder, rather than in the same directory as the web page, but if you are careful with the naming it is no great problem.
    Certainly the web site looks a lot better than it did before WebStyle
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

Program is fancy, cute but a real pain in the .... especially with resolutions. If anyone viewing your site is using a 800x600 resolution they will have to scroll right and left.
    I had a few busines sites but had to redo them with other softare (not WS4).
    I've a personal site at www.chickenmanweb.com
    not really concerned about lower resolutions with that one but any business stuff beware.

Keep in mind that oif you are using FP2003 like me you can create a site without using WS templates but you can still use the buttons,na bars etc....

Good luck ... hope you have patience.

Chickenman always use % of something... no exact pixels to autosize window for different screen resolutions. My Site

Bill-UK

Excellent site! Looks great. Pictures of the stars are outstanding!

ks8w and GOC, also great sites, good to see some actually finished off.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting those.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove
    the graphics in the left and right upper
    coners of Sabre theme and move the whole
    thing all the way up? I don't really need
    the company logo and it's just a waste of
    space for me.

Thanks.

I got WS4 yesterday and used it and FrontPage 2003 to totally redesign my site using the Calibrate theme: http://www.creative-thinking.org. I still have a lot of work to do on the site to finish it and clean it up, but overall I am pleased with how quickly I was able to put it together.

GOC - I like what you did with the Calibrate theme! I'll have to try out some of your suggestions.

I seen your post regarding a good idea to save a blank page with the same layout as the orginal page. How does one go about doing that. I can't even find how you select one of the other five pages available in my calibrate theme pages. I keep getting an error message. The blank page would be great. Your advice will be welcomed. I just purchased this and having a little difficulty but nice program.

Thanks

Bill