Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

do you have Richard's email Address? He has hacked into the registry in this area. I have only glanced once or twice... Might be a good time to start backing up your stuff.

Your windoze might be dirty and need a good brainwashing. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GerryI:
    From the error message it appears you are using the shortcut on the desktop. Do you get the same error if you use the shortcut in the Start menu? How about if you open C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara X1 and run the XaraX.exe directly?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Did you try these? Did either of them work? Do they give the same error?

If you have been able to install the program more than once and each time it has worked for a while and then seemingly broken itself, then the most likely cause I can think of is a virus. Do you have a virus checker installed?

Gerry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tao Jones:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Rayner:
    Have you tried clearing out all the registry settings for xara? The mess might be in there... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried but stll not happening...do you know where in the registry?...ta tao <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get a good reg cleaner if unsure how to do it manually. it will find old entries that are dead and will delete them for you. b4 you do that though BACKUP your registry. you can do it manually if youwant by going to reg edit and typing the word xara in and doing a find an dthen delete each occurance. you can shorten you looking by going to the software section of the registry and locating the xara enrty. but i would do the whole registry. again if you do it this way BACK UP your registry 1st. i use a program called Advanced Registry Doctor. it is real good it will not only clean out your registry of old junk it will then defrag your registry making booting up process a little quicker. rememmber the registry can be a scary place and deadly place for windoze if you do it wrong. hope this helps.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

thanks mike I have done all that and still not working. I can reload xara x but not x1. I am waiting on a reply from Xara. I think I will try and load it on another PC see if it works. Maybe it is just a botched CD...t

I'm afraid I can't be of any help. It's an odd error that hasn't been listed here before - which should mean that there is something on your machine that is messing things up.

It's however great to see you again, Roger. I hope you start posting your wonderful art again when you get things where they are supposed to be.

Hi Tao !!! Glad to see you here !!!

Very sorry for your problem. But what are you doing with XP !!!!! I run all what I need on my old Win2K SP2 and it never crashes ...probably because I never go to MS web site to update it (I had tried SP3 but as it came after the first release of XP I suspect it to nag a lot more than SP2 and it was much less stable with my apps) http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

kindly,
    ivan

The "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" means your computer can't read the file from the CD (assuming D: is your CD drive). See if you can copy the files off CD to the hard disc and reinstall from there; if not, you have either a damaged CD, or a damaged CD drive.

A 32-bit EXE would have to be very seriously maimed for Windows to try to run it as a 16-bit application - often that's what happens when you try to run files as EXE that aren't executables at all. Makes me wonder if your hard disc isn't damaged and scribbling rubbish over files, or something.

Looks like a pretty unhappy system in any case, and I doubt the root problem is anything to do with Xara.

thanks again..ivan xp came with the computer..Andrew I have tried that doesn't work will not drag across. I have just tried the CD in another PC and it doesn't work same error..so it looks like a bad CD. Also I think maybe I have stuffed something up some where with a program called tuneUp utilities. Xara have written to me and told me how to clean my machine of xara remnants. Looks like I need a new CD...all my other programs work plus xara x. Maybe I should buy a mac...thanks t

Tao
    Good to see you back. How about an uninstall an trying a clean downloaded trial version whilst you await your new CD
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Egg Bramhill:
    Tao
    Good to see you back. How about an uninstall an trying a clean downloaded trial version whilst you await your new CD
    Egg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

try that but it comes up with your 30 day period is over use your CD to reinstall..here is a quick invite I did the other day in Xara..that is a lighthouse not a phallic symbol. I appreciate all the hellos this must be the most friendly forum on the net..t[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tomX.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	7643