Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi to everybody. Since buying xarx X1 it keeps crashing on me each week. I thought it was a tuneup software program I had. I have uninstalled 'tuneup' and I still get this message each week from xara and I have to re-install it...this is a screen shot of the message. I am running XP pro with plenty of grunt...thanks tao jones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xarax.jpg 
Views:	724 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	10988  

Hi to everybody. Since buying xarx X1 it keeps crashing on me each week. I thought it was a tuneup software program I had. I have uninstalled 'tuneup' and I still get this message each week from xara and I have to re-install it...this is a screen shot of the message. I am running XP pro with plenty of grunt...thanks tao jones

That is a new one to me. I have never seen that error message. I'm running XP home tho... Looks lioke a job for charles and crew on this one if you have to remove and reinstall weekly...

That's a new one on me, Roger.

Good to see you, by the way.

Gary

Hello Roger,

Your machine appears to be trying to run XaraX using the 16bit virtual machine emulation mechanism which it shouldn't be doing (as it is a 32 bit executable it uses instructions that were not supported on 16 bit processors).

From the error message it appears you are using the shortcut on the desktop. Do you get the same error if you use the shortcut in the Start menu? How about if you open C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara X1 and run the XaraX.exe directly?

If either of these work then it would appear that the shortcut has been corrupted by something.

Gerry Iles

thanks guys..gerry I have tried all that but still doesn't work...now I am getting another error that doesn't let me reload it...Xara X works. Here is my new error...thanks and hello gary..t
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara2.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	11223  

Does this mean we are going to see some of your "watercolors" soon? I've missed them.

Mickie

Have you tried clearing out all the registry settings for xara? The mess might be in there...

I'm with Mickie!!!!
    tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Rayner:
    Have you tried clearing out all the registry settings for xara? The mess might be in there... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried but stll not happening...do you know where in the registry?...ta tao