Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been using Corel Draw 3 for years with Win95/98. My computer at work has just been "upgraded" to WinXP, and while I can open and print my old .cdr files, I cannot edit and then save them. (I get an error message.)

My questions:

(1) Should I be able to edit and save my Corel Draw 3 files with WinXP? (Do I have a unique problem or is my experience to be expected?)

(2) Will my Corel Draw 3 files work with Corel Draw 7 (which I'm having shipped to me)?
    IP

I've been using Corel Draw 3 for years with Win95/98. My computer at work has just been "upgraded" to WinXP, and while I can open and print my old .cdr files, I cannot edit and then save them. (I get an error message.)

My questions:

(1) Should I be able to edit and save my Corel Draw 3 files with WinXP? (Do I have a unique problem or is my experience to be expected?)

(2) Will my Corel Draw 3 files work with Corel Draw 7 (which I'm having shipped to me)?
    IP

Hi John,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics!

I can see no reason why you cannot edit or save your files in XP. It sounds like you might have a permissions problem. I had a similar problem when I upgraded a Win2000 computer to XP ... half of my files would not open because I didn't have permission to do so.

I assume someone else did the upgrade ... and if so you should ask them to check your permissions on any of the files you cannot edit or save. They may have to tweak the registry ( that's what I had to do) in order to fix the problem.

Corel 3 files will work fine with CorelDRAW 7.

-Ed.
    IP